Connection issues

Mjolnir

Active Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
346
Hey all,

Whenever I play INS, sometimes TF2 or even CS:S, everything is fine until my bro joins. I would start getting a connection error and I will eventually disconnect. When I do disconnect, my bro gets a "disconnected by user" message on his laptop. Is there a way to solve this problem?
 
Well I would hope that you both arent using the same account. I really cant think of a reason that it might be happening. You might want to hit up Steam support for that issue.
 
Is your brother joining the same server? If so, I'm working on it. BlackMesaSouth and Featherfoot are having the same problem, and I'm diligently working on a solution.

I'll let you know what I figure out.
 
Well I would hope that you both arent using the same account. I really cant think of a reason that it might be happening. You might want to hit up Steam support for that issue.

No, we have our own separate accounts.

The only thing we can do for now is have one of us join the server first while the other waits about 5 to 10 minutes then joins. But another solution would be better. And yes Xenophek, we are joining the same server.
 
I'm assuming your also using the same Router, Or Internet Connection. If so, That could be your problem. Maybe each of your accounts being on the same network are interfering with each other, causing a disconnect.

Not sure if that could be it, but it's a thought.
 
It has to do with packet routing. I dealt with this a while back but if I remember right, you have to modify the network settings to have the router forward certain ports to each computer because otherwise each computer uses the same ports and packets get crossed like no other.

try google, its where i found the answer ages ago.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top