Rogue's Core i7 Build

Rogue Sniper

EGO Is My Life!
Legacy Members
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Messages
6,091
Recently purchased some new parts:

Core i7 920 @ 2.66Ghz
Asus P6T Motherboard
Corsair DD3 1333Mhz 2x3 = 6Gb
XFX Radeon 4870 1GB
ThermalTake ToughPower 700W Modular PSU

All for around $915.00 or so, but everything had free shipping :D, so its a plus

Here some pics:

Parts:



Case (6-7 Year old case FTW):



Putting the motherboard, CPU, and RAM



Now time for the Radeon 4870 & TV Capture Card



Power Supply Time as well as hooking everything up and putting the HDDs back in the Case



Rogue's i7 build POST'ing




Yes my cable management is horrible but meh...

How it does:

Plays Source Engine Episode 1 Games @ 1920x1200 Maxed 8xMSAA with 225+ FPS

Plays OBox Engine @ 1920x1200 Maxed 8xMSAA with 225+ FPS

As well as L4D at same settings

Mass Effect Maxed out @ 1920 x 1200 with 150FPS or so (not really sure)

FarCry 2 1920x1200 8xAA dX v10 Maxed out 100 FPS or so

Fallout 3 1920x1200 8xAA 15xAS Maxed out, Outside 100+ FPS or so

Compiles:

de_highschool_redux3(_i7) [not to override, same map)
Core 2 Duo - 50 Sec VVIS Normal; 50 Sec VRAD Normal
Core i7 - 52 Sec VVIS Normal; 23 Sec VRAD Normal

ba_jail_devs_v1a3d
Core 2 Duo - Total of 10.5 minutes at VVIS/VRAD Normal
Core i7 - Total of 2.25 minutes at VVIS/VRAD Normal

Overall Im pretty happy with the performance of this rig for the price. I am planning to sell my old parts, should be seeing them on the Trade/Buy/Sell forums soon.

Ohh old rig was C2D E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz; XFX GeForce 9600GT XXX Edition, Corsair 8GB DD2 800Mhz ; Enermax 600W PSU; Asus P5N-D Motherboard.
 
Very nice, thanks for the pics. Awesome benchmarks. For the Obox engine what game were you playing, tf2?
 
man thats some pretty sweet performance
congrats

keep us posting with any type of OCin you might do
 
Nice looking setup, I'll share your excitement as I'm purchasing an Azunetech x-fi Forte sound card and a Sennheiser PC 350 headset tomorrow :D

Not quite the same as a mostly new rig like yours but excitement nonetheless.

Anyways nice setup, I for one always appreciate the not too over the top fancy builds. Basics = good ;)
 
Where you in my dreams last night???? That is almost the exact kinda rig with most of the same parts that I have partly built :P
 
Nice looking setup, I'll share your excitement as I'm purchasing an Azunetech x-fi Forte sound card and a Sennheiser PC 350 headset tomorrow :D

Not quite the same as a mostly new rig like yours but excitement nonetheless.

Anyways nice setup, I for one always appreciate the not too over the top fancy builds. Basics = good ;)

the sennheiser is by far the best headset ive ever had. You will be happy with it.

-Blue
 
Nice looking setup, I'll share your excitement as I'm purchasing an Azunetech x-fi Forte sound card and a Sennheiser PC 350 headset tomorrow :D

Not quite the same as a mostly new rig like yours but excitement nonetheless.

Anyways nice setup, I for one always appreciate the not too over the top fancy builds. Basics = good ;)

I got a pair of Sennheiser 595s and they are amazing :thumbup:

the sennheiser is by far the best headset ive ever had. You will be happy with it.

-Blue

QFT
 
the sennheiser is by far the best headset ive ever had. You will be happy with it.

-Blue

Yeh, played around with it for a couple hours now and it absolutely demolishes the 4 year old Logitech 5:1 desktop setup I had in terms of quality and performance.

Best PC investment I've mad this year :P
 
Totally agree! Plus, spend the $50 and get a decent case from Thermaltake or Coolermaster. Otherwise, good build.

This case was ~$125 new 6 or 7 years ago and still up to this day its one of the best cases out there. 1mm cold rolled steel and supports up 250lbs on top of it.

I wont ever get a new case unless this baby rusts which I doubt it could.

Might wanna get some decent air flow going first or that system is liable to get fairly toasty!

Got 3 Outtake and 3 Intake fans, average Idling temp of video card is 41*C @ 27% Fan; average of idling of CPU is 38 - 42*C while MB temp is 37-41*C...

So cooling is not a problem at all as living in Oregon helps cause here on the coast the hottest it gets is like 90*F
 

Latest posts

Back
Top