Right now I have a decent rig, not looking to build new though.
Specs:
OS: Vista x32 Ultimate
PSU: Magnum 500 Watt
MOBO: Giga-Byte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 quad core OC'd to 3.0 ghz
Ram: DDR2 Corsiar 800mhz @ 4 Gig
HD: Two 7200 Sata Western Digital drives
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT
On board 7.1 sound
I would like to get this card:
Radeon 4830 1 Gig
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102827
But do i need a larger PSU? I don think i do.
Also, will it make a big difference if i upgrade memory to DDR2 1066 ?
Reason I want to upgrade is in CSS with mid level settings, My FPS drops to 15 in battle scenes, and tops out at 60-75 in just running around. I'm just tired of getting raped becuase of FPS and lag issues.
Specs:
OS: Vista x32 Ultimate
PSU: Magnum 500 Watt
MOBO: Giga-Byte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 quad core OC'd to 3.0 ghz
Ram: DDR2 Corsiar 800mhz @ 4 Gig
HD: Two 7200 Sata Western Digital drives
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT
On board 7.1 sound
I would like to get this card:
Radeon 4830 1 Gig
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102827
But do i need a larger PSU? I don think i do.
Also, will it make a big difference if i upgrade memory to DDR2 1066 ?
Reason I want to upgrade is in CSS with mid level settings, My FPS drops to 15 in battle scenes, and tops out at 60-75 in just running around. I'm just tired of getting raped becuase of FPS and lag issues.




















