Ingame Problem on TF2

Captain Ashton

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
986
Its kinda hard to explain whats wrong, but you'll see the problem in the screenshot below:
Picture1.png

This only happens to the spy and sniper weapons (the others don't do this). Also I haven't played on any other maps recently so I don't know if this is happening to me on any other map. Anyone got a clue about what on earth the problem is?
 
Either one of the new updates didn't apply properly or if you deleted something recently you lost some shared resources. I'm going to guess it's the former though (seeing how it's only affecting brand new items/maps).

A while back I had an issue with HL2:Ep2 not executing Alex's various animations correctly after deleting one of the other Half-Life 2 games. It was fixed with a re-install of Episode 2.

In your case, I'd try re-installing TF2.
 
Last edited:
UPDATE:

It turns out that the same sort of thing is happening to my spy/sniper achievments. Where it should say 'sniper pack' it says 'need title'. The achievments themselves don't even have a name. Same goes for the spy ones.

DVS's explenation sounds possible, but its only been acting like this for a day or 2. Also, if I reinstalled TF2 would I lose downloaded content such as skins?
 
Yes. You would start TF2 fresh, with no skins, addons, Sounds, Any sort of mod will be lost.
 
Yes. You would start TF2 fresh, with no skins, addons, Sounds, Any sort of mod will be lost.

*sigh* I suppose its not that much of a setback, I haven't downloaded alot.

I've decided, I'm going to wait till valve releases another update. After that if the problem isn't resolved I'll reinstall TF2.
Thank you for the info everyone.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top