Folder hidden

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
Well I just noticed this today. For some odd reason, my program files folder is hiding from me. I have done nothing to put it in that position. Thankfully, I know how to get there if such a folder does go into hiding mode. I looked into it & unfortunately theres nothing that I can do about getting it unhidden from what ive noticed. Any ideas on what I can do to get the folder unhidden? Ive never had this issue ever in the past, so dunno why its starting now.
 
Do this:

View > Folder Options > Show hidden files and folders./Show protected system files

(Might differ a bit, I'm on Windows 7.
 
after doing the above right click on the folder and select properties and then uncheck the box for the hidden attribute.
 
As above that will allow you to see ALL files. Hidden and protected system files. There are security risks involved when you allow your system files to be viewable.

As any normal way to remove a folder or file from hidden view do this.

Enable the viewing ability as the above posts says. Then right click the folder or file you want un-hidden. Go to properties and UN-check the hidden box, hit apply then OK. The process may take some time depending on the sile of the file or folder(s).

If you do not have the ability to do this. More then likely you have spyware or a virus locking you out from changing this property and many other windows properties.
 
Ok, I apologize if I was not clear the first time. The folder is not viewable as I have the setting to make all hidden folders viewable, so I should be able to see them. Also when it comes to the attribute, the hidden is greyed out, therefore rendered it useless to be able to un-hide it. Any other ideas? Also when it comes to security, im not on a business like network. I mean I have noticed intruders getting onto the network. That might have something to do with it. I eventually found out how to knock them off my network since I have a Linksys router w/ LELA software which helped me to knock them off.
 
Just from read your next input sounds like your computer has been infected with something. If you don't use anti-virus software, get some. I suggest AVG, download,install,update,scan fully. Then if you don't have spybot search and destory, download,install,update,immunize,scan. If those searches come up empty handed and you still have your problem. Backup what you need, zero wipe the drive, and reinstall windows,and your programs.

As for your wireless network, go back to manuals and read up on WEP encryption and not broadcasting for SSID. Change the name of your router and the password for it. Use at least a 18-24 character password for it. Change the default DCHP max distributed numbers to the very limit of how many computers use the wired/wireless connection. (take into account all wired and wireless computers, PS3,360,wii,etc) Change the subnet the DHCP gives out.(default is 192.168.1.100, change this start point to say 192.168.1.32)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top