I need help on videos cards

charley544

Rookie
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
80
I have a Radeon x1300/x1550 series. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on a relevently cheap and good video card. Any suggestions/comments are appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
-Charley544-
 
I have a Radeon x1300/x1550 series. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on a relevently cheap and good video card. Any suggestions/comments are appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
-Charley544-

Do you have a PCI express or AGP motherboard we cannot really recommend a good or cheap GFX card based on what you told us, even giving the type of motherboard (make and model) would help.
 
I just bought a 512mb geforce 8400gs by xyx for $40 and it works great for me.so far theres been no map I havent been able to go on in counter strike and the graphics are great
 
Yes, the motherboard model would be lovely. I've seen some older boards (even though they're PCIe) not support a particular card. Knowing the chipset will let us give you a fantastic recommendation.
 
You might want to do some research on video cards, and before you buy a video card, make sure you have the correct slot on your motherboard for it.

I think that some 9800 GTs are quite cheap, some are even $130, and from what I've heard, it can play games very well, it can even do more than 40FPS on Crysis on a resolution of 1280x1024 on all high settings, with no AA on. But just get something that you can afford, and is good, you don't need the absolute best video card for games on the PC.
 
I upgraded from an ATi Radeon x1300 Pro, to an Nvidia Geforce 9500GT, got it for $80 at Best Buy. Works great, and runs Crysis on High!!
 
An $80 graphics card that runs Crysis well... wow. My 8500GT when it was new was $180, and it sucks. Luckily it was a Chirstmas present, but if I can't dual run with the 9800 I'm getting, I'll give it to my good old brother that just got out of collage a year ago. He's got a entertainment computer, that runs Ubuntu, it runs with a 7300LE, the video card that I previously had in my PC. He doesn't do much gaming, but he'll like the 8500 GT I have in my PC... :)
 
I thought with new graphics cards you have to replace the power unit in the computer
 

Latest posts

Back
Top