Big problem

Kibo

Thread Junky
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
812
So I was launching a game I had just downloaded from gamespot. When it was launching, the resolution was lowered and the screen managed to reach a brightness thats impossible. Now, everything is super bright. So bright that I cant see some stuff like writing. Im trying to add a screenshot, but I dont know how. And yes i am scanning for viruses. Also, I dont believe games are affected by it. IGNORE THE PICTURE
EDIT it looks normal to you guys. I cant even post a pic of it cuz it wont work. ARGH! its like its so bright that part of my toolbars dont appear and stuff. and you cant see the notifications bar at the top. and when i do have a notifcation it appears almost yellow instead of green

Also, my dad slammed my laptop shut cuz he was angry. Could that be the problem?
 
Last edited:
Well since the screen shot turns out okay, it aint the software.

It has to be hardware based. Try resetting the monitor (or screen) via safe mode, etc.
 
Well since the screen shot turns out okay, it aint the software.

It has to be hardware based. Try resetting the monitor (or screen) via safe mode, etc.

Do as suggested, safe mode or you could try using the laptops built in function keys to switch from the built in LCD to a VGA monitor (if it has that option) the screen of the LCD should go black, then all you gotta do is hit the key combo to switch it back, if that does not fix it you might just try right clicking your desktop -> property's -> settings -> set to preferred monitor settings.
 
well I fixed it using both your methods. Kinda a mix and match thing. So thank you both a lot!
 
Tisk Tisk. You should never slam a computer/laptop at all. I don't know if you are aware of this, but it doesn't take much of a jar to know the Read/Write heads off a hard drive. Once that happens, the hard drive is dead.. forever. You can't recover the data, unless you are daring enough to swap out the platers, which isn't guaranteed to work.

I'd say something to your dad about abusing your laptop.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top