CoD4 MP crashes using onboard sound...

Crawlerz

Poster
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
174
... I overhauled my DELL a little as I wrote in another thread. replaced a "burned-out" 8800GTX with a Radeon 4890 and bought a monster 910W PSU from P&C... the thing's so huge I had trouble getting it in (pardon the pun). Wires hang out the side. But that's all beside the point.

When I was "inside" the tower, I took out my ooooold SB live 24bit sound card. As I have onboard DELL sound, I thought of running with it. And, yes, in other games (like CoD 5) the sound is better (especially the MG - rattahtahtah - sexy). And CoD 4 launches, but only in single player. In MP, it crashes on startup.:crying::scared:Even if I change the sound settings. Any suggestions, guys and gals? maybe fiddle with the Control Panel's sound?
 
Update your drivers. The new motherboard probably came with a CD with all the drivers. Just pop that in and it should fix the issue.
Although I personally haven't ever heard of COD crashing due to sound.

Maybe post a dxdiag and someone could check it out.

EDIT:Woops re-read the post. So it works in other games?
 
So it works in other games?

moreso! this isn't a new mobo. this is the DELL mobo I've had for 2.5 years with ingrated sound. I haven't used it. Used a SB card. When I swapped out for a P&C PSU I also took out the SB card. switched back to integrated. it's deeper, better. everything but cod4 multiplayer works. even cod4 singleplayer works.
 
make sure your sound card drivers are up to date, that happend to me and it was my sound card making it crash
 
make sure your sound card drivers are up to date, that happend to me and it was my sound card making it crash

I just ran the "update drivers" for the integrated sound - it said it's up to date.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top