Server location in Europe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogZ'

I made one post
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
8
Hey guys/girls , I'm kinda new here , never took time to activate my account :) , I played in most of eGO servers and most of times , my ping was important and my bullet registery was a bit strange , then I asked where the servers were located and I heard that all servers are located in the USA . Most europeans gamers got lags and failed bullet registery , I would like to know why does eGO only host in the USA ? Or maybe eGO is mainly for American's gamers ?

Thanks for reading my post .

Yokohama
 
eGO is an International effort, but I don't think there is any Europe location planned at this time. I know however it might be a server location in the future.

Welcome to eGO!
 
Thanks ;) When you say there are any Europe location planned at this time , is it because of server costs ? or ?
 
Don't be discouraged because you're a European gamer! Yeah eGO was founded in the US and most of the servers are located around the east coast with an exception of 2 that are located on the west coast I believe. It's a false assumption to say that eGO is MAINLY for American Gamers. Remember that eGO is a mature WORLD gaming community and everyone is welcome to join and have fun with other eGO members. You don't have to feel omitted. I'm guessing that it's easier to fund the servers since they're located in the US. Also eGO owns sponsored servers were they can't really choose were to locate it. I know how you feel. It sucks knowing I can never go to their party's because I don't like in the east coast, but I still appreciate the fact that I can be a part of eGO which is indeed a GREAT community. There's no better out there lemme tell you.
 
Hey Rusty , thanks for replying , and yes , that helped me :) So , if I understand your post , all eGO's servers are sponsored , sponsors are from USA , so servers are located in the USA , if it's only a problem of cost , I got a dedicated server and I'd love to host eGO's server(s) in the Europe , helping eGO to spread over the Europe :)
 
That sounds great! But yeah that's the gist of it all. A lot of their servers are sponsored and the sponsors choose where to locate it and or it's easier to pay the servers. But there are other factors too. It's probably easier to pay for the server if its located in the US and also a vast majority of the people in eGO are Americans. Well cya in the forums yokohama!
 
Hey Rusty , thanks for replying , and yes , that helped me :) So , if I understand your post , all eGO's servers are sponsored , sponsors are from USA , so servers are located in the USA , if it's only a problem of cost , I got a dedicated server and I'd love to host eGO's server(s) in the Europe , helping eGO to spread over the Europe :)


This is incorrect.

All but two eGO server "boxes" (eight server instances) are funded by donations from the playing and member community. There are multiple factors involved in deciding where to co-locate a server, cost is merely one of them.

The eGO Council is always looking for ways to improve the community and gaming environment. In the future, that may involve locating an eGO server in Europe.

At this time, the best way for you to help this happen is to recruit European members to play on eGO servers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top