AMD Fusion

Bravo Company

Forum Fiend
Joined
Mar 30, 2009
Messages
645
Have anyone you used it yet? I downloaded it yesterday and it brought my FPS in HL2:EP2 from 60 max to over 220 max with an average of 120.

From what I've seen it, its shuts off all of window Vista's crap and unneeded processes, overclocks the CPU a little and turns your hard disk driver as high as it will go, I had my system running with it on for about 3 hours and Didn't have any overheating so its not going melt your computer. Of course you can change the "profiles" to how your liking is if you don't feel comfortable with it overclocking your CPU or shutting down your anti-virus software.

When your done with it you shut your profile off and it turns all the junk back on, restarts your boot up processes and whatnot, I would recommend downloading it here: http://sites.amd.com/us/fusion/Pages/index.aspx
 
im going to test this out because after awhile of gaming i get a massive FPS drop regardless of the graphical settings i have it on. i'll go from 99 nearly constantly (have it capped at 100) to jumping between 35-80 which makes it quite glitchy looking. Maybe i'll get something more consistent with this. Even though through my msconfig i don't have anything running in the background (to my knowledge). I'll edit with my results afterwards.
 
Eh, this is good if you don't know a lot about PCs or want a quick way to disable all the processes.

You can do this manually. (And keep a bunch of garbage processes like Bluetooth off when you don't need it)
 
Eh, this is good if you don't know a lot about PCs or want a quick way to disable all the processes.

You can do this manually. (And keep a bunch of garbage processes like Bluetooth off when you don't need it)

But if you want to turn them back on after your done gaming without rebooting you can use this.
 
I tried this out for a few hours playing fallout 3. I also had Fraps running so I could see how much difference there would be. There didn't seem to be that much of a difference. Only 5 extra frames at the most. I wounder if I set it up wrong some how? Or if my systems just too out dated for it to make a difference?
 
I tried this out for a few hours playing fallout 3. I also had Fraps running so I could see how much difference there would be. There didn't seem to be that much of a difference. Only 5 extra frames at the most. I wounder if I set it up wrong some how? Or if my systems just too out dated for it to make a difference?


I don't know, maybe the version I downloaded was on crack, but it's still awesome. I run the "expert" profile if that makes a difference.
 
alright, so i cannot run the expert setting because first of all, i don't even have an ATI card so i can't optimize that, however i set my own profile up and yup...i no longer get an FPS drop after a few hours of gaming. This completely solved it for me, and im going to test it out on my other games.
there was one time when i dropped down to 25 FPS today but that was during the eG vs eGO scrim, on aztec, when the terrorists rushed and i was looking way out in the open...
 
Well I tried expert, and AMD Fusion froze immediately. I guess my system is just to old to use this utility. Still this seems to be a good utility for AMD users. AMD has been really stepping up their game lately. I cant wait to see what ATI does next.
 
if all it does is is kill background services and overclock some stuff i have no need than i already made 2 batch scripts for stopping ans starting all of the background services i don't need for gaming
 
i have tried some other overclock utilty from amd but my system is too outdated for more preformance
 
It basically optimizes your PC for gaming, shuts down all the stuff that's not needed.
I don't use it because I like my other stuff running and I don't lag with them on. :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top