Weird freezing lag. (Not FPS wise)

Live2bcool

Rookie
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
62
Ok, so yesterday/today my internet has been getting some weird freeze lag, it also happens to my brother on his Xbox. What it does is, it will either freeze me for 3 seconds and then I can move again, or it will send me like 10 feet back to were I used to be which is VERY annoying! The weird thing is, when I freeze for those 3 seconds, I see everyone else moving just fine, it's weird. It's only me freezing.

I did a full system virus scan with aVAST. Nothing...

I am getting very agrivated because this is happening to me on all my games. what is going on? How do I fix this?

PS: I'm on a wired connection

EDIT: I just noticed something really weird, My ping just went up to 4306 on Vent, it randomly does that...
 
That's some sort of bandwidth/connection issue. If the same thing happens on the xbox and computer, that's pretty much a dead giveaway. This is lag in it's truest sense; the "sending back 10 feet" is common when your internet speed takes a huge hit.

Make sure your modem/router are working well. Call your ISP and say you have been having some bad ping/lag spikes like this. Don't mention gaming.
 
That's some sort of bandwidth/connection issue. If the same thing happens on the xbox and computer, that's pretty much a dead giveaway. This is lag in it's truest sense; the "sending back 10 feet" is common when your internet speed takes a huge hit.

Make sure your modem/router are working well. Call your ISP and say you have been having some bad ping/lag spikes like this. Don't mention gaming.


Ah.. ok. Yes, everything is connected fine and working. I just don't why this started to happen. It started happening after this storm...
 
Haha, that's another dead giveaway. :P

What do you mean... Your saying a wire might be damaged?

BTW, I just joined in the Jail server from eGO, and it just gave me the over flow message which NEVER has happened to me. I also noticed it's getting worse. Now everyone is teleporting now. :(:confused1:
 
1. Reset your modem
2. Reset your router

No luck? Call you ISP and tell them you're having connection problems after a storm. Get them out to test the line.
 
1. Reset your modem
2. Reset your router

No luck? Call you ISP and tell them you're having connection problems after a storm. Get them out to test the line.

Also, make sure nobody is bumming off your connection. Pesky neighbors can cause you to have a lower bandwidth.
 
1. Reset your modem
2. Reset your router

No luck? Call you ISP and tell them you're having connection problems after a storm. Get them out to test the line.

I did that, and their coming Tuesday to come check it out. They said it might be a damage wire or something. :mellow:
 
Back
Top