- Joined
- Mar 7, 2009
- Messages
- 4,081
My current specs
Q6600 @ 2.4 (stock)
8800 GTS 512 (g92)
3gig ram
Generally just play source games, but also picking up the new singeplayer games to play. I figure it is time to upgrade it now that it is about 2-3 years old. I was just wondering if I would get any FPS increase on Tf2 considering how limited it is on the CPU. Some people said upgrading the GPU wont help at all and i'd have to buy a new CPU to see any FPS gain. Don't really want to pay for a card that dosen't do anything for my most played game. Currently getting ~40 fps in heavy combat, sometimes dipping lower. Running no AA or AF, low shader/shadow everything else on max. 1400x1050
Probably going to get a GTX 275, 285 or 4870 and a new PSU. This card has served me well, I just want to get the new cards while they're cheap and so I can bump up my more fps and futureproof a litte more.
Q6600 @ 2.4 (stock)
8800 GTS 512 (g92)
3gig ram
Generally just play source games, but also picking up the new singeplayer games to play. I figure it is time to upgrade it now that it is about 2-3 years old. I was just wondering if I would get any FPS increase on Tf2 considering how limited it is on the CPU. Some people said upgrading the GPU wont help at all and i'd have to buy a new CPU to see any FPS gain. Don't really want to pay for a card that dosen't do anything for my most played game. Currently getting ~40 fps in heavy combat, sometimes dipping lower. Running no AA or AF, low shader/shadow everything else on max. 1400x1050
Probably going to get a GTX 275, 285 or 4870 and a new PSU. This card has served me well, I just want to get the new cards while they're cheap and so I can bump up my more fps and futureproof a litte more.
Last edited:












). On cod4 I dont drop below 90 fps...


