Upgrading My Video Card

Markus

I made one post
Joined
Jun 21, 2009
Messages
23
I'm planning on buying a new video card, I'm currently running on Dual 8800's but I don't think that is enough.

Any suggestions? Is the GeForce gtx 280 better?
 
damn dudes...im like thinking about upgrading TO an 8800, and you have 2 of em!! lol
however yes the 280 is better.
 
Depends what you want to play, and also how big is your PSU and if your motherboard supports SLI or CrossFire or even both.

I'd say a HD 4870 is a great bang for buck great but a GTX 280/285 is really good but that's the top right there for a single GPU card.
 
i agree on the 4870, its probably one of the best bangs for your buck right now...its performance is right up there with the 280 to be honest, and a whole hell of a lot cheaper.
 
The 4870 IS the best bang for buck card currently. There are more powerful cards however and some are also great deals. Can't go wrong with a 4870 tho, even 1 will destroy your duel 8800's so you won't be disappointed :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top