Vista VS 7

KanadeTachibana

Thread Junky
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
802
i am current running Windows 7 RC right now.

Your old computer like 12 year old or 7 year old

i have a friend who got 7 year old computer and it can be succues to install windows 7 unlike windows vista does. also i am running on XP mode on Windows 7 it is awesome windows and good features
 
this is what it comes to

vista = this generations window ME
7=this generations XP
 
ya so i ended up doing the same thing as last time

98se straight to xp

and now i went from xp right to 7

skiping the money grab fail in the middle

but if it wasnt for games id be fine with never useing windows ever again
 
ya so i ended up doing the same thing as last time

98se straight to xp

and now i went from xp right to 7

skiping the money grab fail in the middle

but if it wasnt for games id be fine with never useing windows ever again

diddo
my second harddrive actually runs kubuntu x64 tho im not sure what version its on right now. haven't updated in awhile because i don't need to run that drive often....hrm. i kinda miss linux.
however linux can actually run CSS
 
ya so i ended up doing the same thing as last time

98se straight to xp

and now i went from xp right to 7

skiping the money grab fail in the middle
That's where you're wrong. Windows 7 is the money maker for Microsoft. They're gonna make a few billion dollars selling the same product over again. Sure, it's better. But they could have done the same updates to Vista in a Service Pack. But that wouldn't have made them enough money.
 
diddo
my second harddrive actually runs kubuntu x64 tho im not sure what version its on right now. haven't updated in awhile because i don't need to run that drive often....hrm. i kinda miss linux.
however linux can actually run CSS

ya i got to main setup's
my main desktop with openSuSE 11.1 and windows 7 on it
my macbook pro with openSuSE 11.1 and OS X 10.5.x on it

openSuSE is my main OS and the 2 installs of it are identical and synced togeather the win 7 on the desktop olny has steam and my games installed
and the OS X on the laptop is for school so i can run pro tools finalcut pro and adobe cs4
 
I wan to get it so bad. =/

I think it's clear 7 will be better if they made it so quickly.
 
Last edited:
Unless you're running XP and going straight to 7, I wouldn't really see to much point in going to 7 from Vista. Sure it's DirectX 11 and what not, but how many games really utilize that right now? At all?

As much as I like keeping up to date with things, I don't see games getting too far ahead of themselves in the recent future. I mean you've got Bioshock 2 coming out, Assassin's Creed 2, things of this nature - but let's face it, the consoles need to get our games too - and the 360/PS3 aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Hence, graphically, I feel like our games are likely at a point of standing still with only slight improvements here and there for the next year or so. DirectX10 will probably suit you well enough for a fair while, if you've got Vista and are running everything fine.

Granted, I'm talking about actually paying for it.
 
DirectX 11 is not Windows 7 exclusive. Vista will have DirectX 11 too.

Personally, I will be upgrading from Vista to 7. For one, I only have an OEM copy of 32Bit Vista Home Premium. I want to get 64Bit Windows 7 Ultimate Retail.
 
DirectX 11 is not Windows 7 exclusive. Vista will have DirectX 11 too.

Personally, I will be upgrading from Vista to 7. For one, I only have an OEM copy of 32Bit Vista Home Premium. I want to get 64Bit Windows 7 Ultimate Retail.

Im doing the exact same thing. Is it the retail one where you can install it on like 5 pcs?
 
only bad thing about the xp mode, is your cpu has to support chip-level virtualization. So old cpu's do not really support that, but was a good idea for them to add it for people to play with.
 
only bad thing about the xp mode, is your cpu has to support chip-level virtualization. So old cpu's do not really support that, but was a good idea for them to add it for people to play with.

just use virtualbox and your old xp disc if your cpu dosnt work with the xp mode on 7
 
Do you realize you just made another windows 7 vs ... thread ?

There are alot of windows 7 related threads here, why don't just make a big one and call it : "Windows 7 Discussion and help thread" ?

Ontopic: I'm still going to keep my vista until 7 has some decent driver/hardware and software support.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top