Ping is through the roof.

Super88

Famous
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
529
Hey guys!

I really need help fixing my ping. For the past few days I've been experiencing pings of up to 500. I don't know why this is happening. Sometimes its high and sometimes its normal. I just dont understand. For example, I'll start up TF2, start playing and there will be no problem. Then, later on in the day, I will have very high pings. Its very annoying.

Hope you guys can help me out with this. Thanks.
 
Well, I've gotten this before and it ends up being that it was the huge AA3 preload download. Meh. But basically, it means that almost all your bandwidth is being taken up. If you have a shared internet connection, then somebody else could be hogging all the bandwidth at times. Or, it's just that somebody is downloading that movie at 2 Mb/s, and choking you of your internet.
 
+1 on batterytime

Are you running wired or wireless. Wired is pretty stable unless you have dsl. If you have wireless it can be REALLY dynamic. For me it's fine because I have comcast with a kickass wireless-n router and d-link wireless adapter.
 
Yeah I have wireless. No one else is using internet for anything besides me. This has never happened before.
 
Well idk what to tell you then. Just close all app's that can interfere with your internet connection. Y'know, downloading stuff off limewire, torrenting stuff, anti viruses etc
 
Back
Top