Left handed view model soldiers and demos shoot around left corners.

Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
502
y halo thar, previously unattackable sentries.

//VIEWMODEL SWITCH
alias toggleview toggleview1
alias toggleview1 "cl_flipviewmodels 1; alias toggleview toggleview2"
alias toggleview2 "cl_flipviewmodels 0; alias toggleview toggleview1"
bind "KEY" toggleview
//Change key to whatever you want.

Have fun.
 
Are you kidding me?
OMGH$X!!!
But this is amazingly awesome!
 
My gosh, the guy in that video can type fast.

I've never had a problem with corners anyways, so I won't bother. ;P
 
so instead of leaning an extra two steps......what are you gonna do on servers that dont allow cheats?
 
so instead of leaning an extra two steps......what are you gonna do on servers that dont allow cheats?

Wow.. ok..

#1 It lets you hit sentries without being seen by them at all. Those 2 extra steps will get you pegged to a wall.

#2 It's a script not a cheat.
 
and... i've done this forever as a soldier,,, to get at sentries.. now i'm not restricted to only right handed halways...

cool beans
 
Lame, cheap, a misuse of an update meant to accommodate more people and turning it into an advantage for yourself. Sure its not cheating, but it isn't right either. Oh well, people will do what they do, I did need more of a challenge.
 
Definitely not playing engineer when Rellik is playing :P
Oh yeah and toilet pastries.
 
Lame, cheap, a misuse of an update meant to accommodate more people and turning it into an advantage for yourself. Sure its not cheating, but it isn't right either. Oh well, people will do what they do, I did need more of a challenge.

I agree with you here... Though i don't really have a problem with people doing it... i probably won't, just cuz i'm too lazy.
 
Didn't look sped up when he starts typing when his character was still moving and the demo slowed down at a normal pace.

I checked the clock too, the seconds never sped up.


He noted in the video he was getting 5 frames a second. He typed normal speed but when each of those frames are recorded and played back at the proper speed it appears much faster than it really was. If the video was playing at 30 frames per second and the capture was at 5, he was essentially going 6 times faster than the recorded speed. That's why it appears he types so fast.

About the update itself. I never liked how the viewmodels dictated which direction the attack came from. Fighting sentries placed around a right hand corner really hurts your chances of attack. You don't have the soldiers ability to use his splash damage or the demoman's ability to chuck nades around a corner. Before you could only attack around a right corner at maybe a 10 to 20 degree angle, while on the left hand side you could go upwards of 30-45.

I would actually like to have a centered weapon, ala Doom and Quake, but that's probably not going to happen. This update just makes it fair and allows lefty-flip players to play how they like. In other games I've played with both styles. It doesn't matter to me.
 
This is an abuse of the new system.

Pretty much like knife taunting with the deadringer is.
 
I feel dirty after binding my mouse3 button to it, like one minute after the update was out.

Oh and I think this is what they intended, how else would they solve it?
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top