My Summer PC Build

ASUS P5N-D has northbridge problems. Not usually during gaming... mostly during video watching. But I did have it go crazy on me once while playing TF2. I ended up getting a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, which is only marginally better than the one you picked, because it has a better chipset. Haven't had a problem since. Also G-Skill RAM is better, but that's just my opinion. Other than that, you have my CPU and it is good.

PS
On a side note... I just reached mezzo poster status...
 
Thanks for the motherboard suggestion.
I see the one you suggested has 4 awards of some kind ... obviously isn't bad from reviews and such. (although I didn't see anything horrid on the current one)

Only $15 more, with a $20 MIR, so it's cool ;)

Thanks again.
 
Alright hey!

I figure I should update this and get some last "minute" ideas on everything again...
I believe I'll be ordering all of my stuff this Sunday. Maybe I'll put together my huge desk as well! (it's 6' x 3' bowed ... I'm a design student ;))

So please maybe give me some last "minute" or should I say WEEK advice. All is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
David K.
 
PC Parts Bought!!!

This is what the final stuff was:

Case - APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
PSU - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX
Graphics Card - MSI R4890-T2D1G OC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
Memory - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
DVD Drives 2 Drives- LG 22X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH22LS50 LightScribe Support
CPU Cooler - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

I will update this once things arrive ... and when it's completed :)
 
Last edited:
Oh I will.
I'm planning on trying to get all 3 gauges to work... considering it's my first build, hopefully it will work?

I got the CPU Cooler to help-out with the "bad cooling case" ... maybe it'll do the trick?
Now I'll have a worthwhile PC for gaming ... and it'll be ready for the CSS tournament!
 
Good choices... That is my wife's computer except hers uses a 512mb 3850 because she doesn't game...
 
Good choices... That is my wife's computer except hers uses a 512mb 3850 because she doesn't game...
Thanks.

Well I guess NewEgg decided to IGNORE my address that I put in on their website... It's going off my paypal address... which is a 1-way trip of 3 hours...
Yay unexpected weekend drive!
 
It's a good idea to have a Video Card with 1GB or more of memory on it if you are running a resolution of 1440x900 or more. I'm going to be running an Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 1GB on a 19" Widescreen at 1400 x 900.

I'm interested in seeing the progress of the build you have.
 
It's a good idea to have a Video Card with 1GB or more of memory on it if you are running a resolution of 1440x900 or more. I'm going to be running an Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 1GB on a 19" Widescreen at 1400 x 900.

No, not really. 512mb is enough for 1680x1050 to be honest. If you get above 1680x1050, a card with more than 512(896mb, 1Gb, etc) is a good idea.
 
Thanks.

Well I guess NewEgg decided to IGNORE my address that I put in on their website... It's going off my paypal address... which is a 1-way trip of 3 hours...
Yay unexpected weekend drive!

Shipping address + billing address are the same - you placed the order via paypal, it only makes sense that they'd be shipping it to the paypal account.

I'd ordered all my parts after a 900+ mile move across the country, had to change all of my addresses to make sure they got it right. :closedeyes:
 
Well my billing address is where I currently live...
I put all of that information into newegg for a reason I figured... obviously not :(

So I'm going home this weekend. I figure I'll get some freebies from the parents while I'm in town. (I go home like 6 times a year ... including holidays) So it's all worth it :)
 
Well I've finished building the computer!
I'm still sending files from my old laptop onto this, but it's pretty much complete!

I love this thing! It looks nice, sounds good, and runs FAST!
I'll get some pictures up once I get a camera to use.
 
very nice u got a 4890....excellent choice and great upgrade over gts 250, i would have recommended u get a quad core but u already bought everything.......u should honestly overclock or atleast learn how to, it really makes ur money worth it, i have a quad Q6600 and overclocked it from 2.4 to 3.7 with a good aftermarket cooler. Faster than the extreme edition?
 
I actually did overclock it.
Default was 3.0 and it's up to 3.33
Keeps a steady temperature of about 40* C in the case.
 
What I posted earlier:

This is what the final stuff was:

Case - APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
PSU - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX
Graphics Card - MSI R4890-T2D1G OC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
Memory - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
DVD Drives 2 Drives- LG 22X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH22LS50 LightScribe Support
CPU Cooler - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
 

Latest posts

Back
Top