Leftviewmodels are really badly done.

Synn

Active Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
389
This leftviewmodel update was just really badly done. (See Video)


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9u_1Ln2fFI[/ame]


The sapper is just embarrassing.
 
lawl. that's good ol steam/valve for you. it might not look the best be at least I can it has it's practical use

buy the way does anyone know the command for this yet?
 
cl_flipviewmodels 1/0

Script:

//VIEWMODEL SWITCH
alias toggleview toggleview1
alias toggleview1 "cl_flipviewmodels 1; alias toggleview toggleview2"
alias toggleview2 "cl_flipviewmodels 0; alias toggleview toggleview1"
bind "KEY" toggleview
//Change key to whatever you want.
 
ok, just to make sure, I copy paste everything between the first alias and the last toggleview, and just replace k with what ever key i want?

sorry, ima noob with this stuff.
 
ok, just to make sure, I copy paste everything between the first alias and the last toggleview, and just replace k with what ever key i want?

sorry, ima noob with this stuff.

This went off topic, I PM'd you instructions.
 
It's on the left hand but he still uses the right hand to drink the bonk!!!

Edit: OMG! The flame appears out of nowhere.
 
LOL!
I can't believe the sapper. Is it really that hard to have the game know to switch to a different skin when its lefty? Wow.
 
All they dead was flip the view model, like it says. This will potentially cause problems because players can now flip their view models on-the-go, which will make it much easier for them to shoot rockets and pipe bombs around corners. I can see players trying to abuse this.
 
Do Lefties have that much of a voice now?

I don't mean that insultingly. Many of my best friends are Lefties (:D).

But I wondered. Was that really high priority? Having left hand animations?

And why couldn't they have reversed the w_models too? I could live with the demo having his eye patch on the wrong eye.

The reversed sapper is embarrassing.

I just don't get the point... unless you are a demo or a rocketman.

I regularly abuse the "righthandedness" of the soldier in Turbine in the crooked hallway; if there's only one sentry, and you time it right, you can jump out, pop a rocket, and jump back into cover while a sentry slews. I have no problem with that... even when it's my sentry being splatted. (1) I should be assisting my sentry anyway, and (2) I do it all the time.

Allowing Demos and Soldiers to "hold their weapons in their other hand" is just fine with me. If I was holding a real rocket launcher, and I had the option to (1) hold the launcher with my weak hand and lean out, or walk out and get shredded to bits, I'd take the "wrong hand" route. Allowing the player to make a conscious effort to swap hands is the same thing.

A real soldier who trained himself to use both arms and shoulders for his launcher would be the guy I'd want on my flesh-and-blood team too.

It just seems... shoddily done. At least the bow and arrow feels right on my screen now. The left hand position looked to my eyes like he needed about three elbows to make it work.
 
I think it would be complicated for them doing most of them left handed in 3rd person, but the 1st person sapper made me LOL hard lol
 

Latest posts

Back
Top