Slow Loading?

Laugh

Famous
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
527
I'm running XP with 2 gb of ram which if fine, right?

Before I explain, these are my specs:
OS: XP
Ram/Memory: 2 gb
Hardrive (irrelevant?): 59/74 gb
Video Card: ATI (forget exactly, if it matters can someone tell me where to find it?)




Issue 1:

Basically, sometimes the loading times on some programs are slow. Like photoshop, my computer goes pretty slow during the loading time. Nothing drastic, but for me it's slow.

And sometimes right clicking my desktop and loading the Properties, or anything at all is slow. EVERYTHING else is actually fine. It goes smooth, but this doesn't. Is it because I'm using a downloadable theme? Called Darkmatter Subspace. It might be..

Would an extra gb of ram fix this issue?

Issue 2:
This is an in-game issue. I'm on a wireless connection which may be the problem. But hopefully there's a fix.

Sometimes, my game will freeze for 2-5 seconds, where none of my actions take place. Everyone sees me frozen. Then the thing I did within those 5 frozen seconds, all take place.

Let me try explaining better, if I shot two rockets and walked. Nothing would happen until the 'lag spike' is over. It's a huge disadvantage since I'm sitting there frozen in battle, and it looks like a speed hack. =/

Any possible fix? Or is it just the wireless connection, considering it doesn't happen on my parents computer, the non-wireless one.

Thanks guys!
 
Okay, Issue 1 has been fixed. It was the theme and I just switched to the default theme.

Second issue remains. :P
 
for your second issue, try connecting through an ethernet cord right to your modem for your internet, and if it continues to happen.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top