These are all valid points. What is the best approach to keep people interested in playing on our servers?
Hi there. The best is to keep the server mic-spam free and punk free. Just imagine, when the admin starts abusing his power, there is no way that the server can keep up with its competitor.
There are a few exceptions but in the end, these clans (as I have visited their sites and servers once in a while), their higher management asked not to kidding around with admin abuse.
Players want to have fun. But when people start cursing out, yelling at the mic, nothing is done, I guss people would leave the game immediately. They don't want to turn off the mic because it isn't the point.
So I guess our community has done a amazing job at keeping the servers clean and comfortable. But since we can't have admin on 24/7, we could have just miss that 1 minute mic spam, it is our pub and non-admin members to help us, to give us feedback and to report it with evidence (that could be a demo, a screenshot, console message).
This is the best way to keep people return to our server the next time they play. We know people leave but the only way to keep people like our servers and rules is to make sure we provide a mature and a fun server. When I join a game, I usually take a very active role via the mic and message, to help th team out, to have team work there. When people see team work and they are involved in it, they will return because this is what a game is about. We aren't in a real war but we want to have the fun part with team work, treating it as a real war, real battle.