Trine (demo is here!)

Section-9

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jul 3, 2008
Messages
1,062
http://trine-thegame.com/site/

Check out the demo. :thumbup1:


I downloaded it from AtomicGamer site, downloaded/installed without a problem.

Some screenshots:

trine2009062523550282.jpg


trine2009062600042956.jpg


trine2009062600081949.jpg


trine2009062600100150.jpg
 
Yeah, seems like an awesome game and I'll most likely get it at some point. Best part? It's made by Finnish people. :thumbup:
 
This looks like an exact copy of The Lost Vikings with new levels. Man I liked that game.

For the record, copying that game with better graphics and physics is a GOOD thing. :)
 
This is a side-scrolling game, right? I might pick it up just for that - I miss the old-school games like this :)
 
I was really interested by this game, but when I saw it was a "3D side-scrolling game", I said "Yuck!"
 
I was really interested by this game, but when I saw it was a "3D side-scrolling game", I said "Yuck!"

Don't knock it till you try it, might be one that actually turns out really good. I'll get the demo when my comp is fixed.
 
I really wanted to try this game.

Downloaded the demo.

Double-Clicked the Icon on my desktop.

And it needed to load Nvidia Physx before it could run?
(I use ATI)

argh.

Wish games would come with a 'Not intended for ATI users'

I had a similar issue with Overlord II a few days ago. My biggest issue with buying games on Steam: if they don't work, you're sol. I'd give Overlord to someone if I could...:(
 
I never heard of this game before but the screenshots look pretty good. Is it anything like Dungeon Siege?
 
I have an ATI 4890, and the demo worked great (yes, it installed PhysX for whatever reason).

I too remember Lost Vikings, and though this certainly does remind me a lot of the LV mechanics, there are some nice differences. Such as: your characters level up and gain new abilities, and where LV has you getting all 3 vikings to the finish, in Trine (at least the demo levels), you're one character that can change forms at will, though forms can die and be resurrected at checkpoints.

Also, the game is *gorgeous*. it's a 2D game, with 3D details and perspective.

The only reason I haven't pre-ordered it yet is because I hope the final version is long enough.
 
Just beat the demo, the graphics are amazing and very stunning. I downloaded it via steam and I have an nvidia card and it installed the physx stuff then ran fine. The demo was short and I completed it in like 15-20 minutes.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top