PS3 $100 Price Drop in August?

Yay, I heard few months ago that they will reduce the price to 350$, not 300$, which is a big difference.
 
Sony cannot afford a $100 price cut on the PS3 let alone a $50 price cut. These rumors have been going on now for at least a year and nothing comes about them.
 
I have a 360 and a PS3 and I literally never play my PS3. The only time I ever turn it on is for movies. I tried really hard to like it as well but there's just certain things I don't like about it.
1. Game selection - there isn't any exclusive titles for PS3 that are really that good. The only one that was decent was Drakes Uncharted. Resistance was horrible.

2. Online - I get kicked for losing connection and the inability to find people for games. Yes Sony online is free but you have to think about it. How much money is Sony going to be putting into their online system when they don't have revenue coming in from it. The biggest complaint that I heard about Xbox Live was that it costs money but when it comes down to it their online has never failed me in 4 years while Sony did within 1 day.

3. Updating - It always seems like that system and game have new updates all the time. Now at first it seems like a good thing since they're keeping up with their games but if you want to download these updates it literally takes forever if it finishes at all. My games and system are not updated.

4. Warranty - My Xbox Warranty was 1 year past the 3 years they already gave me and they still fixed it no questions asked. Everything was payed for the box, tape, packing materials, UPS label and it was returned good as new in less than a week. My friend's PS3 broke and they wanted $100 to fix it plus he had to pay for shipping and everything else himself.

I have a 3 meg line and I've tried using the wifi and just connecting the network cable directly into the PS3 and disabling the wifi still the same internet problems.

Don't get me wrong though I love the Blu-ray player it's amazing but I wouldn't recommend getting a PS3 for games. Most of the games that have come out on multi-platform systems have usually turned out the same for PS3 and Xbox if not better for the Xbox.

I'm not a huge 360 fanboy or anything or trying to say how much better it is I'm just trying to show you all of my problems with it.
I'm sure some people love their PS3's but game wise it's just not for me.
 
I have been against the PS3 for a long time now, and after having the 360 for such a long time, I've gotten bored. I would most likely betray my 360 and buy a PS3, once the game MAG(massive action game) comes out for the PS3. It is a fps, that is going to allow around 200 something people in the same match at once :O. You guys should check it out...(I'm skeptical myself cause we all know that might create some LAG, but if they make it work I am definitely getting a PS3)
 
Sorry, but $100 is still not a good enough reason to go buy a ps3. To many cons, not enough pros.
 
Amazon.com Used PS3s from 260
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001COU9I6/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246220675&sr=8-1"]500 Service Unavailable Error[/ame]

Where I got mine from <3
Delivary is due tomorrow, I'll be sure to tell whether or not all is good, everything but two games have come ahead of it.
 
I heard many times that Playstation Network was crappy. If you are casual console gamer and you buy a 360, Do not buy Halo 3.
 
I got a PS3 a few years ago for Christmas. I was a 360 Fanboy then lol. But I've grown to like PS3's. I can't really see how 360's are better. Sure the PS3 is a little short on games, but just give it time. MGS4, Little Big Planet, and Infamous are all amazing PS3 exclusives, and MAG does look very good!

But I've never had any problems with Playstation Network. I love the fact that it's free, and offers just as much as Xbox Live does, except for achievements. But now the PS3 has Trophies which are the same thing. The internet browser is terrible. Never use it... ever And I agree that the Updates are horrible. They are coming out so fast and they take forever to download. and the whole installation aspect of gaming. Installing a 4gb game to your hard drive that does absolutely nothing besides waste space. Rediculous.

But I think that the 360 and the PS3 are both great systems. I wanted a PS3 so I wouldn't have to worry about the Red Ring of Death, and so far I haven't been let down.
 
I got a PS3 a few years ago for Christmas. I was a 360 Fanboy then lol. But I've grown to like PS3's. I can't really see how 360's are better. Sure the PS3 is a little short on games, but just give it time. MGS4, Little Big Planet, and Infamous are all amazing PS3 exclusives, and MAG does look very good!

Yes I agree there seem to be alot of good games coming out that I'm excited about but until they do my PS3 is more or less collecting dust. The PS3 has the ability they just need to have the games to back it up. I bought Little Big Planet and I hated it. I don't know why. I'm really looking forward to God of War 3 though I loved the first 1. I'm just patiently waiting for the games to SLOWLY come out :P
I'm glad I bought it though and if it's for $299 it's worth it even if you only use it for blu-ray.

Doc have you had any problems with the wifi?
 
No problems at all with the WiFi, I have a very solid connection all the time. It's strange that you're having problems with yours. Mine works great, and I can steal my neighbors WiFi down the road and still have a perfect connection.
 
I don't think you should buy one. I had one and never played it. It looks cool but its not really worth it. 360 and PC's are way better. I spend $500 for mine. :(
 
PS3 should bring out decent games...
Then it may be worth 2 *****
Metal Gear and Little big planet are rubbish...
Even final fantasy is shifting consoles...
I'm sorry but even with the "best" graphics I'd still buy a PS1 over the PS3
You have better games and more verity.
Id rather play FFVII than half of these amazing graphical games...
But what can I say, I am a man of simple pleasures...
 
I'm not a true ps fanboy but, I do not own a xbox or a xbox360.

I have owned a PS3 ever since MGS4 came out. Never finished it (I hate dealing with Psycho Mantis *sigh*) I played MGSO before and it was fun for a bit, but man I am horrible in those types of games online.

I also bought Little Big Planet, some levels were crazy (Contra remake etc.)
I played some online games, bought some games and tracks online (Rock Band 1 & 2). The only time my WiFi seemed to die was when I queued up 15 free demos to play in the list, haha.

Guys should never make a female character for PSN Home. You get guys always trying to pick up on you or do the running man behind your back. (unless your comfortable with that stuff).

I've been playing Infamous lately, on my first run through. Finally have all the powers for the "Hero Cole". The Lightning Storm is fun to use with the six axis hehe. Need to play the second run through as "Infamous Cole", I really like the way their story is told.

Over all I'm happy with my ps3 for what it's worth. I still play on my PC(TF 2 & Final Fantasy XI) and Wii(barely and it's for the Wii Fit & Punch Out!!!)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top