Counter Strike Source Crash HELP

WaterSnake

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
2,158
CSS loads up fine and everything, but after about 10 minutes of playing, this pops up...
errorengie.png


This has happened a few times before, but if I use the "Verify Game Integrity" option it usually fixes it for awhile. But this time it didn't. Please help, I want to play CSS again.

I have a Nvidea 8800 GT Superclocked Edition
 
Last edited:
ive had this issue and recorded it somewhere on how i fixed it. I will look through my notes.

-Blue
 
alright there are two ways to fix this issue.

1) update your video card drivers. if you do not know how to do this ask please.

2)a complicated fix including deleting a registry key, then creating a .bat file to run CSS with which will keep the bad registry key deleted.

I would say try number 1) and if that doesnt work ill show you how to do number 2.

also, what model is your video card?

-Blue
 
Last edited:
Looks like some sort of graphics error with DirectX. Try adding -dxlevel 70 to the command line option, see if that fixes it. If so, try -dxlevel 80, then -dxlevel 81, then -dxlevel 90 and -dxlevel 95 until you find the one that causes the error.

Then step back to the previous dxlevel and play there.

You could also try reinstalling DirectX and your graphics drivers.
 
Looks like some sort of graphics error with DirectX. Try adding -dxlevel 70 to the command line option, see if that fixes it. If so, try -dxlevel 80, then -dxlevel 81, then -dxlevel 90 and -dxlevel 95 until you find the one that causes the error.

Then step back to the previous dxlevel and play there.

You could also try reinstalling DirectX and your graphics drivers.

yeah of course he could try running in dx8 but the game looks like crap when you do.

easier to just update video drivers and directx.

-Blue
 
I've got a Nvidia 8800 GT.

I'll try updating my video drivers. I'll tell you how that works out...
 
ok the reason i asked is to see if your video card is simply too old. 8 series is fine though, so updating drivers should fix it.

-Blue
 
ok the reason i asked is to see if your video card is simply too old. 8 series is fine though, so updating drivers should fix it.

-Blue

Updated and works now. Thanks. I've been meaning to do that, but never got around to it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top