- Joined
- Jun 6, 2009
- Messages
- 322
Hey I recently got cod4 but I had it before when I had an older video card. I used to have a 8600gt XXX edition and cod4 ran pretty nice on it even on Extra settings. Now I have a 9800gt and for some reason I cannot set my Graphics above normal. Before with my 8600 I was able to set the game to Extra graphics settings but now I can only set no higher than normal. What's the problem? Am I forgetting to set something? I have the latest nVidia drivers btw.
It dosn't let me set above anything either, I just figured it dosn't go any higher than normal
card: visiontek 3870 512MB OC
Due to your guys video card memory this fix may not apply to you. But I'll post it anyway as it's affected me in different games. I have a GTX 280 with 1GB video memory, However Windows Vista only recognized part of the RAM (value was empty originally - while with another card it reported the proper 536870912 bytes [512MB]) which in turn would make games think I had a lower end video card and would not allow the higher end settings.
These steps are for Windows Vista, I don't know if this works in XP . You may need to disable UAC to be able to save the modified value at step 10.
1. Download and install Microsoft WMI Administrative Tools from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=6430f853-1120-48db-8cc5-f2abdc3ed314
2. Run WMI Studio under Start menu --> All Programs --> WMI Tools.
3. Clicking the Studio link should open browser. You'll need to use Internet Explorer, since the program uses ActiveX controls. If you have another default browser (Firefox/Opera), you'll need to copy and paste the link into Internet Explorer.
4. Internet Explorer will by default block the ActiveX component required to run the software, so right click on the yellow information bar at the top of the window and allow blocked content.
5. A VBScript popup about possible version incompatibility comes up, click OK.
6. Accept the default namespace connection (root\CIMV2).
7. Login with your current user id (click OK) if you have sufficient rights, otherwise enter password and username for administrator.
8. The program will take a while retrieving the classes. After that is finished, click the find button (black binoculars) in button row and type Win32_VideoController in the text box and press Go. Select Win32_VideoController from results box and press OK.
9. Now you should have a big list of adapter properties on the right side of the window. Locate AdapterRAM row, and click the Value field. Enter the number of *bytes* (not kilobytes or megabytes) corresponding to the amount of video memory on your card. One megabyte = 1024 kilobytes; 1 kilobyte = 1024 bytes, so the amount of video ram memory in bytes is [amount of ram in megabytes] x 1024 x 1024.
10. Click the save button above the property list (black disk image) and close the browser.
Last edited:






