Team Fortress 2 crashes

Doggeh

Rookie
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
65
I tried loading up TF2 earlier today and it would crash right after the guy with the valve on his head. I uninstalled it 4 times and I uninstalled Steam once. It still does the same thing.. Any ideas?
 
Within steam>My Games tab, right click TF2 in the installed section. Go to properties>General tab>set launch options button. Type what is in quotes "-novid". Click ok and try to load the game.

If this doesn't work then it could be a video card driver issue.
 
Didn't even load up this time. It was working at one point and then I tried to load it up and it didn't work. I didn't even restart my computer at the time. (I have since restarted my computer.)
 
What actually happens?
Does it come up with an error code?
Or does it just stop responding...
Defrag your HD so all the files are together so they can be read easier :3
 
Okay, the day went by, I played a little TF2 and tonight at 1 am I tried to get on.. Same problem. I see the VALVe man, white screen and then crash to desktop.. No errors, nothing.
 
do you watch the valve guy or wait until it finishes and have you tried loading it a diffrent way like running it as administrator
 
search for the Clientregistry.BLOB file and delete it. It has no purpose. Launch steam after you delete it and it will be redownloaded. Everything should be good hopefully.
 
I really can't think of a way to fix this..

The only way I can think to fix it is to reformat. But I think that's a little extreme for just a game error. There has to be a different solution. I'll check into this and get back to you.
 
What version of windows are you running? One thing I found that caused mine to crash was the Steam Community overlay. Try disabling it and see if that helps anything.

Goto File > Settings > In-game (TAB) > Enable Steam Community In-game (Uncheck it)

See if that does anything for you. It's just a stab in the wild, but who knows.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top