kids these days.. lol.

=(e)=Munkez[S|R]

I made one post
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Messages
9
What better way to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Sony's iconic Walkman than to ask a teenager for some feedback on the device?

The BBC couldn't think of one, and neither can I.

I like to imagine that the experience was similar to an archaeologist rediscovering how a recently excavated artifact was employed thousands of years ago. But I'm well aware that it must have been different for 13-year-old Scott Campbell, who co-edits his own news Web site. For one, teenage impatience must have stood in the place where I fantasize scientific curiosity should have been.

"My dad had told me it was the iPod of its day," Campbell wrote. "He had told me it was big, but I hadn't realized he meant that big. It was the size of a small book."

Sure enough, people on the street noticed the antique clinging from his belt with amusement and friends on his school bus were quick to come up with some witty remark.

Campbell went on to criticize the portable cassette player's size, appearance, functionality and the "hissy backtrack and odd warbly noises."

Even when he discovered the cassette had more music on the other side (it took him three days), Campbell was still disappointed it could only hold a small fraction of what an iPod can.

"Did my dad ... really ever think this was a credible piece of technology?"

Ouch.

A daily dose of postings from The Chronicle's technology blog (sfgate.com/blogs/tech)

This article appeared on page C - 2 of the San Francisco Chronicle
 
What is this "Walkman" you speak of? Is it some sort of device to help you get around the apartment?
 
Ahh the walkman! Back in the days when people would have a utility belt of gadgets and gizmos like the walkman and the beeper, and the Zack morris cell phone! Man everything is so small now!
 
If you rode the school bus in elementary school (when I was a knee-high) and you didnt have walkman, you werent "in". I remember everyone would listen to KUBE 93.3, to the T-Man cause their parents wouldnt let them at home, lol.

Yeah I listened the Oldies station. So I was super totally awesome. True story.
 
Ever notice how any given piece of technology or trend has a counter-part in other generations/eras? Interesting that history repeats itself. I didn't get a walkman until long after the portable CD players had become popular.
 
think of the future IPODS will be gone what will take its place o.0 and cell phones!!!!
 
the best part was that you could kill an elephant from a quarter mile with one.
 
Thay keep makeing these ipods and mp3 players so everbody will waste there money on buying them and thay get rich and you get more poorer.:huh: you tube is way cheaper then buying one of these. I save money thats why i got money lol.
 
Thay keep makeing these ipods and mp3 players so everbody will waste there money on buying them and thay get rich and you get more poorer.:huh: you tube is way cheaper then buying one of these. I save money thats why i got money lol.

Right, but ipods are amazing, expensive, but well worth the investment if you listen to a lot of music.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top