Would You recommend (CPUs)

Bravo Company

Forum Fiend
Joined
Mar 30, 2009
Messages
645
a Phenom II X4 940 black edition? Its running at 3 GHz and its only $180 from amazon.com

full specs [ame="http://www.amazon.com/AMD-HDZ940XCGIBOX-Phenom-3-0GHz-Processor/dp/B001NFT2RI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245645347&sr=8-1"]here[/ame]


I currently have a phenom 9500 X4 running at 2.2 GHz which on sale at amazon.com for 220$ <WTF

full specs [ame="http://www.amazon.com/AMD-HD9500WCGDBOX-Phenom-Processor-Thermal/dp/B000YPP7F4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246637227&sr=1-1"]here[/ame]
 
current system:

Phenom 9500
Visiontek 3870 (getting a 4870 1 GB sometime in the fall)
3 gigs of DDR2 RAM
 
Phenom II is a huge step up from the phenom I. I recently upgraded from the 9850 to the pII 940, it is very nice. Not only is it faster and able to work better, it runs about 5 degrees cooler for me. I would recommend it if you can afford to do so.

Also, buy it from newegg via eGO mall. this will help us out.
 
I'm running a Phenom II X4 940 black, and I'm really happy with it. Mine easily OC'd to 3.6 GHz and is rock solid stable.
 
A friend of mine just got that Phenom II 940. It's pretty stable. A good rock solid cpu.
 
I'm running a Phenom II X4 940 black, and I'm really happy with it. Mine easily OC'd to 3.6 GHz and is rock solid stable.




you do know you can OC yours to 4.3GHZ mine does but it runs about a few degrees hotter but just get a really good fan for 20 on newegg and then its back down as if it was running a 2.5ghz and i game hard for like the whole day
 

Latest posts

Back
Top