No sound on Ventrilo.

Mobeus

Title Not Found
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
404
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if any of you could maybe help me out with a problem I've had for about 2 days now. My Ventrilo seems to have muted itself. The mute sound box isnt checked so I dont know what else it could be. I've tryed deleting it and reinstalling and that didnt work. Maybe you guys have something else I can try.
 
its the same thing for me, did you mess around with the sound card recently?
 
Is vent the only program that sound doesn't work?

If yes, click set up and check the top right corner area and make sure the drop downs have your sound device selected. Check the volumes below that as well.

If no, check your sound properties in windows and make sure the right device is selected and that it is not muted/volume all the way down.
 
its the same thing for me, did you mess around with the sound card recently?

No I didnt, I left my house for a few days and when i came back it was like this.
 
Is vent the only program that sound doesn't work?

Yes, I can hear sound on everything else.


If yes, click set up and check the top right corner area and make sure the drop downs have your sound device selected. Check the volumes below that as well.

I did what you said and I still have no sound on it.
 
Does sound work when the setup window is open?

When you test your mic via setup does it work?
 
Can you speak and other people hear you?

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Sound > When you click sound and bring up your options, start at the top and right click the first one > The second option down should say ENABLE or DISABLE, All of them that you dont use need to say Enable (meaning that they are currently disabled) While the one that you want to use it set to Disable (again meaning it is enabled) Then go back to vent and make sure that the same one you have enabled is the one you are using for vent.
 
Ok, I went to Control Panel> Device Manager> Sound But I dont see any options.
 
So you've opened up your device manager and you don't see any installed audio devices? If you want (and are willing to trust me) I can do some remote support and connect to your computer to try and resolve this problem for you.

If you would like me to try and help you resolve this issue, just reply back and let me know.
 
So you've opened up your device manager and you don't see any installed audio devices?
I can see that I have my Headset in.

If you want (and are willing to trust me) I can do some remote support and connect to your computer to try and resolve this problem for you.
No thats ok. Im sure ill get this fixed sooner or later,Thanks tho.
 
Okay, if you change your mind let me know.

So you have sound from everything except Ventrilo? What version of windows are you running?

If you're running Windows Vista or 7, try right clicking on the volume icon in the task bar and select "Open Volume Mixer". Vista and 7 have the option to manually mute individual programs. Just double check to make sure it didn't accidentally get muted.
 
WOW, That was it! Thanks man!I wonder how it got muted tho because I never even went into that menu before... Oh well.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top