TF2 issue. Could be entire computer

Kibo

Thread Junky
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
812
Hey all. So I haven't played in about a week, mostly because I've been overloaded with work. I finally finished this chunk and have had some free time. But unfortunately, when I launch TF2, I get an fps of nine. It will sometimes go up to about fifteen, but rarely. Before this point, I got somewhere around 50 on eGO servers. I have changed my graphics card to optimal performance, but it did nothing.

I am running Vista 64, on an ATI Radion 3450 HD
2.1 processor
2 gigs of RAM.

Anything else you guys need just let me know.
 
Any recent updates to your computer? Hardware or Software?

Updated your video driver lately? Changed any settings?

What is your CPU usage like while the game is running?
 
Erm, we all have 1 proccesor; Just most have more than one core, are you saving you only have 1 core (ie. P4?)
 
Any recent updates to your computer? Hardware or Software?

Updated your video driver lately? Changed any settings?

What is your CPU usage like while the game is running?

Um I dont believe I have updated software or drivers, and Im going to check on the cpu usage right now. It is usually kinda high because I use a laptop.
 
wow I am a triple post failure.

When I have the game running but im not in a server, I get 40%-50% cpu usage. But in server its anywhere from 80 to 100. does that help? I also just deleted a game called tremulous that my mac inclined friend added to my comp so I could play with him
 
I have it on a wooden frame that keeps the cooling fan two inches above my table. It rarely gets too hot.
 
Since you're having so many problems with high CPU usage, try this. It's called gamebooster. What it will do is temporarily shutdown all non essential processes so as to free up your processor.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Also is this level of CPU usage normal when you're playing games? It's possible that you've become infected by a virus or some type of malware and that is the cause of your high CPU usage and low FPS.
 
Sorry I never responded. Ive been on vacation. I'm not sure about CPU usage up to this point. But I think it has been that high usually.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top