My new computer, help!

Stormrider^

EGO Addict
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
1,315
I'm about to order a new computer, and my two main questions are will a 500W PSU be able to handle a Phenom II X4 940BE + HD 4870 combo (and a random fan) and of course other essentials, and the other thing is that are these parts compatible:

omgp.jpg


In case it isn't that easy to read being in Finnish just ask, I will clarify.
 
I'd recommend getting a case without a PSU and buy one yourself. You don't know if the PSU is good or bad. And yeah I'd probably get a 650watt+
 
You'd be fine with a 500 watt(It'd be cutting it close though at full load), but I also reccommend buying your own PSU from a company like PC Power & Cooling or Corsair. PSUs are one of the two components which cannot be skimped on for quality, or it will give you a massive headache down the road.
 
You'd be fine with a 500 watt(It'd be cutting it close though at full load), but I also reccommend buying your own PSU from a company like PC Power & Cooling or Corsair. PSUs are one of the two components which cannot be skimped on for quality, or it will give you a massive headache down the road.

Thanks for the help. I switched the case into one much nicer looking and that has 4 fans in it already and a 620W PSU from Corsair. I also changed the mobo to an Asus-one that supports AM3 making in easier to upgrade to a AM3-processor once I have some cash after hearing spooky tales of the MSI-one. >.>
 
Looks fine, a 500W is fine, especially an Antec.
But if your going to add more HDD's or a another HD 4870 soon you'll need a good 750W.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top