IDirect3DDevice9::Present() Crash

Stinky Wizzleteats

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
969
When I play NeoTokyo the HL2 engine likes to crash with the following message: IDirect3DDevice9::Present()

Ive googled all over the joint & for the most part the fixes are to update graphics drivers or directx, which I've done. Running the game with -dxlevel 80 seems to fix the problem, however that mode disables the various visions for the classes, which is a huge disadvantage.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix this?
 
According the the intertubes, you can try using something called Omega drivers. http://www.omegadrivers.net/omega_drivers.php

Basically, you're getting a driver error. One that's an incompatibility between your video drivers and the source engine. Those omega drivers may or may not work, I don't know.

That error has been an on again/off again thing with the source engine for about 4 years now.
 
Last edited:
Thanks thereven. IDK why I didnt think to do it earlier, but I did the tests in dxdiag & the ATI drivers were failing left & right, but those omega drivers passed & seem to have stopped the problem. I went back to testing the ATI drivers on a separate partition with the same failing results. It seems that the new drivers from the ATI site are beyond flawed at this point for the 3600 series cards
 
the omega drives solved the conflict resulting the in the engine crash, however it would produce several graphic anomalies. Like black textures, neon striped textures, nothing major. The anomalies would correct themselves with a program restart.


I tried something that is counter intuitive, I installed the drivers off the install cd that came with the video card. That seems to have fixed all the problems, lol. No anomalies & no driver conflicts for a 4 hr run tonight.

Thanks for your help :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top