Third Party Mod games hate me >.<

Muffins

Famous
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
486
So I did a thread(probably in the depths of the forums) about Hidden: Source verifying files, not starting up, etc. But now, I waited like 3 hours for this to download: Neotokyo. It says 100% ready. Third Party Mod. So I start it up, runs normally, "Preparing to launch Neotokyo". So I wait about 3 seconds, then this box opens saying: Please wait while steam verifies game files. So I'm thinking "Ok, ill wait." So it does, box closes. Suddenly, nothing happens. No box, no "Preparing to launch Neotokyo...", No Nothing. So apparently, steam(at least my version) HATES THIRD PARTY MOD. I really wanna play Neotokyo :( If I try and start it again, same thing. Pl0x help.
 
Okay, first try a couple of these things.

Restart your computer (I know it sound stupid, but amazingly rebooting your computer solves lots of problems.)

Reinstall Steam. Don't worry a reinstall won't force you to reinstall all of your games. They won't be lost.
 
I restarted my computer. Didn't do anything. How do I uninstall steam? Do I just goto control panel>uninstall programs then re-install steam from the steam website?
 
What I would do is just re download the install files from the Steam website and then just reinstall. If you uninstall first you may lose all of your games.
 
Re-installing it exactly how you said removed all my shortcuts/third party mod games. All the other games are untouched >.< Well, when Neotokyo is done installing, I'll test it out.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top