next CAL tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lungbuster

Procaffeinator
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
3,370
Does anybody know when the next tryouts for our CAL team is, I have had several people ask me recently, but i have no idea what to tell them.
 
that is an excellent question my friend. Our CAL leader from last season is playing for warborn, so I am not sure what his part in eGO CAL next season will be.

On another note, most of the CAL team has been either banned or has dropped off the radar or has left the clan entirely. Actually, I think I am the only one still active with eGO.

So I hope that helps answer your question. I know it doesnt quite answer it, but I am not sure myself.

-Blue
 
that is an excellent question my friend. Our CAL leader from last season is playing for warborn, so I am not sure what his part in eGO CAL next season will be.

On another note, most of the CAL team has been either banned or has dropped off the radar or has left the clan entirely. Actually, I think I am the only one still active with eGO.

So I hope that helps answer your question. I know it doesnt quite answer it, but I am not sure myself.

-Blue

Banned? Well whenever the tryouts are post it up. I like to play with superior players, i find it makes me better.
 
Would be nice to get in on some CAL action, when does the new season even start?
 
Would be nice to get in on some CAL action, when does the new season even start?

it will be after summer. Preseason matches begin on the 12th of this month, but I dont believe regular matches begin until August or even september.

By the way we no longer play in the CAL league since it was consumed after being bought out by a U.A.E. trading company. We now play in the lower tier of the SLDL league.

-Blue
 
CAL has been put on hold indefinitely, but most people consider it just plain dead now.

There are 2 other DoD:S leagues too, SLDL and ESL.

If council thinks its a good idea to try it again and if they had a match server to play/practice in I think there are alot of good players out there who might be interested. And I might be able to help with strats and stuff.
 
I never did get to see the final results of last seasons cal standings...does anyone have those. Im also curious as to why a lot of last years cal guys are either gone or banned, it can't really be just coincidence.
 
it will be after summer. Preseason matches begin on the 12th of this month, but I dont believe regular matches begin until August or even september.

By the way we no longer play in the CAL league since it was consumed after being bought out by a U.A.E. trading company. We now play in the lower tier of the SLDL league.

-Blue

Didn't the same happen to CPL?
 
I never did get to see the final results of last seasons cal standings...does anyone have those. Im also curious as to why a lot of last years cal guys are either gone or banned, it can't really be just coincidence.

I believe we lost in the finals. I could be wrong, unfortunately I was travelling while the last matches were taking place.

-Blue
 
thanks for the reponses guys, will definetly be looking forward to tryin out
 
I never did get to see the final results of last seasons cal standings...does anyone have those. Im also curious as to why a lot of last years cal guys are either gone or banned, it can't really be just coincidence.

"CAL" teams have been notorious for breaking off and starting their own clans/bolstering the ranks of other clans.

You're right that it can't be just coincidence that some of the CAL members from last season's team are gone. Some were VAC banned for cheating, some were removed after coming into the servers with other clan tags on or no clan tags at all - while still having admin abilities, one was banned after repeated reports of behavioral issues, and one was banned for racism... and some decided to go out in what has sadly become traditional eGO CAL team fashion: just bail and put on new tags for a different clan.

At this point, we're trying to set up a new way to do the CAL/SLDL teams here in eGO. Something that won't bring out the worst in the participants.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top