Downgrading Vista to XP

mattdabatt

Poster
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
108
1should i downgrade from Vista to XP? or just upgrade my Vista to a 64 bit ...or get a 64 bit XP

2 is it even possible to downgrade
 
Yes it is possible, but make sure you get all the drivers. You have to buy XP. Or if you are going to 64 bit and you bought vista retail, they will send you 64 bit vista, if you didn't then you're out of lock.
 
Yes, your vista will count as retail or OEM which you can upgrade from both. They should have included an OS reinstall disk along with your system.

But honestly I'd just keep Vista. People complain that it's horrible, but after the service packs are installed it really isn't anywhere near as bad as it used to be.
 
Vista is not a bad operating system as many like to think (most of them think, but have never used it!).

I would just stick with what you've got and upgrade to Windows 7 when it comes around. I personally do not really want to go to 64 bit immediatley as there are still compatibility problems with a lot of things I like.
 
BTW Microsoft wont give you 64 bit if you dont have the 32 bit cd.
Trust me on this
 

Latest posts

Back
Top