Logitec G5?

House 2twist

Famous
Joined
May 18, 2009
Messages
508
I need some really quick opinions on the Logitec G5. I found a ridiculous deal on one and want to know if its worth it. ($38 plus $7 shipping)

I've read around and people supposedly love it, but i figure it couldn't hurt to get some opinions from fellow gamers. My only gripe against it is that its wired, but I can deal with that.

So, what do we think??
 
Its a good solid mouse, works well, & lasts quite a bit. Its a great choice for a mouse. What I would suggest tho, since it is a little big, if you have a compusa or a office depot or some place like that near you that has mice out on display, go test it out. Depending on your hand, it may or not be comfortable for you.

Edit: Also, you should check your local Wal-Mart. Mine has the bf2142 version for $29.97 + tax. Even if you dont care for the design, the center plastic piece with the graphic is an insert held in by 4 screws & is easily removable so it can be painted any color you want. If you do decide to paint it, please sand it 1st because there is a clear anti spill coating that will wreck the paint job if you dont :)
 
Last edited:
I've been using that mouse for a while now. The very first G5 I bought broke within a few days, but I exchanged it for another and I have been using it to this date. It's got a handy feature where you can change the DPI on the fly, useful for when you need to switch from precision to speed.
 
Last edited:
Yea I have this mouse and I think it is an amazing mouse. It fits fine on my hand I don't think I have huge hands (probably normal lol i don't know what the average hand size is). But, it's got two side buttons (mouse 4 and mouse 5) which I have bound to talk in vent and talk in game (which is nice :D). It's also got a nice cord that doesn't break and isn't like the average cord. It used to feel really nice when I first got it, but the feeling went away after a while. The DPI buttons are nice, I usually use the second one and don't change it but if you need to, it's right on the mouse.
 
Thanks guys....

Stinky: I don't have an office depot or compusa by me (which stinks), so I dont think I'll be able to test the mouse out anywhere.

I figure I shouldn't have a problem with comfort. I'll definetly have to go check out wal-mart sometime today.
 
Used to own one (own a Razer DeathAdder now)
Depending on whether or not you get the newest model of G5, the scroll wheel might suck (fixed in the newer blue G5)
Otherwise is't a fantastic mouse, although there's a little ridge that runs along the right side of the mouse which may be annoying depending on how you hold it.
 
Used to own one (own a Razer DeathAdder now)
Depending on whether or not you get the newest model of G5, the scroll wheel might suck (fixed in the newer blue G5)
Otherwise is't a fantastic mouse, although there's a little ridge that runs along the right side of the mouse which may be annoying depending on how you hold it.
I actually like the ridge, I hear that some do not though. It helps me when I game.
 
I'm going to be getting the blue one, so yea, i think its the latest model. I figure, for that price, i can't really go wrong.
 
I have one, amazing mouse. So many buttons on it, love the feel of it. Also, I use the weights to put all the heavy ones on the outside and the lighter ones on the inside, seems to work good.
 
Very good working mouse sensitivity is great there are weights added to it so you can match to what you like to feel.

Great mouse over all
 
G5 is a good quality mouse. my hand is bigger then most people so its perfect for me!
 
The G5 is a nice mouse. I have had mine for about 1 1/2 - 2 years and it runs great. 2000DPI, settings button to change speeds, 2 toggle buttons, all programmable. Worth the cash!
 
All right, thats it. Im buying it. Going to do the deed right now. Can't wait to get it!!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top