Dual Boot

Stevontoast

Active Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
308
Yeah I did have windows vista and windows 7 all in my PC
And I was able to dual boot either one of the two, whenever I loaded my computer
But for some reason the option has gone when I turn my computer on, it just loads windows 7 right away...
My question is this:

Where is the option to enable the dual boot system like there was on vista. There used to be something in the System Tools, but it has been moved, or is no longer there.

One problem: I have no CD-Drive anymore.
 
right click my computer hit properties and hit advanced system setting on the left sidebar, then the advanced tab and hit settings under startup and recovery.

or just edit the boot.ini file which is a hidden system file on the root of the c drive.

if your going to boot a few different os's it really is a easier just to get a proper bootloader like grub
 
Vista and windows 7 don't use boot.ini so you can't edit that anymore. It was how Windows XP and earlier handled boot manager, but Microsoft changed it for Windows Vista.

Try EasyBCD

If you're comfortable with the command line you can also try the bcdedit command.
 
Last edited:
or you can use msconfig, go to boot tab and adjust settings there. probably easiest.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top