Highlander server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyku

I made one post
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
5
Hey guys, first time posting here but I been playing on your servers and having loads of fun. They are all very nice and there is a ton of variety satisfying alot of preferences and maps. But I was wondering is anyone else intrested in a highlander type server? What i mean by highlander is a 18 slot 9v9 server with the class limits for every class set to 1. I think it be a fun different kinda pub where you would see even more teamwork and dynamic play. I dont know if this has been tried before but since you guys seem to have a lot of servers maybe see if there's some interest by adding a highlander server and see if people like it? I think it would be fun to try it for a little while. Is there any interest from any other tf2 players?
 
Do you know how hard it would be to get into a slot on a 18 slot server with eGO on it, just look how hard it is now with 32 players.
 
Do you know how hard it would be to get into a slot on a 18 slot server with eGO on it, just look how hard it is now with 32 players.

So the problem would be that it would be too popular not the other way? I think thats a good problem to have, and I certaintly dont mind setting a server I enjoy to auto-join and waiting for a slot. I would certaintly set it to auto-join if there was a highlander server availible almost everytime I start TF2
 
Last edited:
Do you know how hard it would be to get into a slot on a 18 slot server with eGO on it, just look how hard it is now with 32 players.
QFT! Besides, we got 4 new servers about a month ago. But back to the topic, it would be very hard to get into such a server and there would be at least 12 ppl waiting in line to get in. And as for the class limitations, let's assume that one of those 12 gets into the server only to find that his/hers favourite class is taken. Would you wait for X minutes just to get that class? I wouldn't. But it's still a nice idea in my opinion.
 
QFT! Besides, we got 4 new servers about a month ago. But back to the topic, it would be very hard to get into such a server and there would be at least 12 ppl waiting in line to get in. And as for the class limitations, let's assume that one of those 12 gets into the server only to find that his/hers favourite class is taken. Would you wait for X minutes just to get that class? I wouldn't. But it's still a nice idea in my opinion.

I think that the people who join this server would have to be more tolerant of the classes they play. I think this server would attract people who like to play all classes and understand that each has its role and would like the symetry of having one of every class. Sure there are people who only play one class and this server would definetely not be for them.
 
Interesting idea, but I don't think the council would consider it, seeing as how we don't have any limitations on any of the other servers, and no waiting list/kicking for spots. I also think that limiting the class limits would cause a lot of un-happy people. This idea can work well for tourny/fun server team battles within the group, but I just don't see it managing well out in public.
 
Well I dont see the harm in trying it out, people will see the highlander in the server name or figure it out once they join, and either they will stay and try it out or the will leave to another server of EGO's without class limits. But I think a lot of people will stay and find its rather fun to play. I remember maybe 6 months ago I frequented another highlander server and it was rather popular. I never saw it empty, it always had atleast 14 people. Everyone was very nice and many people used mics. Whenever someone didnt want to play they last class there was always a couple people volunteering to switch with the newcomer. I think if there enough interest, why not have a trial run and see how it goes?
 
Your idea is a bit similar to the arena mode, we had such a server (arena maps) and it was a disaster. So i think that's one of the reasons why people won't like the highland server.
 
Your idea is a bit similar to the arena mode, we had such a server (arena maps) and it was a disaster. So i think that's one of the reasons why people won't like the highland server.

What im suggesting has nothing to do with arena mode. I think the maps would be all the official cp and pl valve maps no arena.
 
Aside of it being hard prime time to get into a 32 slot server, I think at off hours it would actually generally be somewhat filled.

Take 4AM, ALL servers(seeders excluded) have 0 - 5 players, not even enough for a really reasonable game to go. So for offhours it may be interesting - Prime time though? Nah, unreasonable.
 
Hyku,

Thank you for your suggestion. The TF2 Leadership team is always looking for new ideas on how we can improve and expand the gaming opportunities eGO can provide in the TF2 Division.

Thread locked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top