ive got 300 bucks and i need a new video card. ive got a 9800gt thats killing me in games like arma 2 and gta iv. im wanting to pick up a gtx 260 core 216, or a couple games +new keyboard and speakers. which one would you think i should get?
I would not buy a video card unless you have 600 dollars to spend. your 9800GT is not a bad card by any stretch. If you want to play GTAIV, get a console to play it on. If you want to play arma, well, I know people who have run it fine with less of a card than yours.
I would get some nice headphones and a nice mouse+keyboard.
your 9800 should be fine but if you want a new card that's cheap but good get an ATI 4870 1 GB. I think their around $160 and they get better performance than the 216 cores.
Then you have enough money to get a decent keyboard and mouse .
your 9800 should be fine but if you want a new card that's cheap but good get an ATI 4870 1 GB. I think their around $160 and they get better performance than the 216 cores.
Then you have enough money to get a decent keyboard and mouse .
Get some nice speakers. I recommend the Logitech Z Cinema speaker system. Recommended retail value is $300 and tigerdirect has them for $80. It's a steal. I own a pair and would buy them again for twice the price in a heartbeat.
I went from a 8800 GTX to a 260 c 216 and i love it. It allows me to play Crysis on a good performance/graphics level and if you have enough power go SLI in time. I love my card from EVGA. Get what you want man! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130433 That card for $199 isn't to bad! But as I saw get what you want
problem is i dont have a credit card or a car (not old enough) so i cant order online. but at the futureshop down the street they have a bfg gtx 260 (core 216) for $239.99
problem is i dont want my parents to find out about this stuff.... they hate playing games on computers... my dad would let me play 10 hours on xbox rather than 2 on the computer....
definitely don't get a video card if you have to spend $240 on a GTX 260. That isn't worth it at all. Get a new game, don't blow your stash all at once, and wait until there is something you really want.
i agree with the guy askin about your processor, my brother plays arma2 on high gfx perfect with a 8800 gt, what kind of processor do you have? how about your memory, how much memory your computer have? also check to see how many processes are running when you turn on your comp you may be able to get rid of some if your running 50+ processess. for xp it should be around 30 and vista bout the same.
what type of issues are you having with these games? your unit seems flawless for those games but even with a quad core your not typically using all the cores with that older technology. i have the same processor but intel has released processors that are much better in utlizing cores and moving power to active cores to enhance performance. overall if you really want id say go with the new video card.
im having issues in gta iv multiplayer such as massive fps drops( all the way down to 16 fps) and in arma 2 it sometimes goes to around 20 fps and rarely goes above 33
Hmmm, yeah that does suck Saeten, My parents weren't the keenest on my PC gaming in high school either. I didn't get a good PC till i started working for it. Do you have a friend that might be able to buy it and reimburse them. As far as the trouble in GTA4 I haven't played it myself cept on PS3. Could it be a motherboard issue that bottle necks the GPU issue? I'd run 3D Mark Vantage or something to see if that could be killing it.
i doubt its my mobo. its a 650i. ive always wanted to have an acutal top of the line computer, but my parents hate computers. i had to beg them to buy me this one...
i doubt its my mobo. its a 650i. ive always wanted to have an acutal top of the line computer, but my parents hate computers. i had to beg them to buy me this one...