The "What Are You Reading?" Thread

Love Douglas Adams and all of his books. :)

I'm reading "American God's" right now by Neil Gaiman

I've read a few of his and have not been disappointed yet.

THAT IS THE BEST BOOK EVER. SERIOUSLY. YOU WILL LOVE IT. It's my all time favourite, and Neil is my favourite author.

Speaking of Neil, I'm reading his epic collaboration with Terry Pratchett.. Good Omens! This is seriously one of the funniest books I've ever read. Imagine "Hitchhikers Guide," but about Christianity and the apocalypse. I'm also re-reading "House of Leaves," for about the 8,000th time. I am HELLBENT on solving that book. Anyone who wants a good mindf*** should get "House of Leaves." The entire book is a puzzle. Describing it doesn't do it justice, you have to see it. Make sure you get the full colour version though, or else it'll just be harder to decipher...
 
I'm reading Infinite Jest, and the Raw Shark Text,

so far two of my favorite books.
Infinite Jest almost made me kill myself. About 1000 pages in I lost my mind.
Raw Shark texts are amazing :) I wish Thought fish actually existed :)
Now reading


The River of Doubt
I love that book!!! It gave me great insight to Theodore roosevelt's mind.
 
I am now on "Life, The Universe, and Everything". The Third book in the Hitchiker's Guide series. Great books.
 
Just started Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres, and finished finished Catcher in the rye.
Wouldn't read much but since schools out and i cant go on steam i've raided the bookshelf for something to do.
 
I just started Fahrenheit 451 by, Ray Bradbury.
After that The Grapes of Wrath by, John Steinbeck.
 
Let's see, I love Jane Austen. All of her books are very well done. I'm a romantic at heart :). I also like fantasy: Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series(which will be finished in 3 more books), Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, JK Rowling's Harry Potter series, Brandon Sanderson's Elantris and Mistborn Series, and yes I've even read Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series. Since I'm applying to med schools I've also been re-reading my anatomy book, if that counts.
 
Currently reading up on music theory with a book called The Guitar Grimoire by Adam Kadmon. Truly awesome and easy to understand stuff
 

Latest posts

Back
Top