Windows 7 + Ventrilo + TF2

Beaverbeliever

Active Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
269
I have a G15 Keyboard and a G5 Mouse, Windows 7 RC1, Ventrilo, and TF2. I binded one of my mouses auxiliary keys to talk in Ventrilo, and it works great when I am active in a Firefox window, Outlook, or pretty much any other window. However, when I am in Steam or in-game in TF2, it doesn't work to talk in Ventrilo.

I am not sure why it doesn't work, and I am getting frustrated with it. I have to press the button on my keyboard by the display while on the Ventrilo applet to talk in Vent. I would love to be able to use my mouse.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!
 
weird i also got a g5 mouse and i use mouse5 for vent and it works fine for all of my source games but i do have problems with that on some other games like starcraft and ut3.

which i was able to work around by running both vent and the game in admin mode
 
which i was able to work around by running both vent and the game in admin mode

That should fix it I believe, Vista sometimes has the same issues due to UAC. Haven't messed with Win7 but UAC is pretty similiar (less restrictive in 7) so you could try turning it all the way off and see.
 
Another issue I've been having is that it can create a buffer, and I have to tap my talk button for the buffer to play. Or someone has to enter/leave the channel.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top