New Computer Ideas

ChocolateVillain

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
2,166
Well Looking to get more into the high end of gaming computers.
I have about $1500 and possible up to $1700 to spend on one.
I have no build experience unless you call playing with LEGO's building experience.

So I'm really looking for a pre-built system around that price. The only requirements I ask for are that it be a quad core. and have HDMI hook up for a LCD TV. Also blu ray is not bad either.

Funny thing is this is the second time I had the money to spend on a nice computer before I had to spend it on parts for my bike/Vegas trip.

I wish I knew how to build one but I have tried once before and failed miserably.
 
$1500 :O

You could buy yourself one hell of a computer for that.

Well, I don't have a specific model in mind, but if you check ibuypower (ibuypower.com), you should be able to find something to suit you, they have one of those custom config type deals where you start with a base processor model computer and you adjust it to your needs (video, ram, OS, and all that) in case you didn't aleady know that.

Just a warning though, they tend to not come with monitors, so if you have anything other than a DVI monitor, you may have to order one with it.

a good base i7 build
 
well you can always learn how to build your own...that what i did and have 2 builds under my belt...there is TONS of info out there on how to build it urself. so just an idea

um i would go with a intel I7 core. Nvidia of course and have high RPMs on the hard drives. (your computer is only as fast as ur slowest part)
 
what bane said...
you could build an AMAZING computer with that kind of money..
i recently buit a buttkicking computer for about $1700... before tax though lol
 
ya if you build it your self you can get pc that can play anything maxed out and still have extra power left for anything else.

your money will go much farther if you just buy parts from newegg and build your self. and it is really much simpler than most people think.
 
And HDMI isn't necessary as you can use a DVI to HDMI converter, you won't have sound on most cards tough
 
I have my LCD TV hooked up to my laptop currently.
I'm ordering all of my parts for my Desktop tonight.
I was originally in the $700 range, now I'm in the $900 range. (tower only)
I'll give you my wish list and people can suggest better things from there. (have to go to work, will do later)

You could have a killer computer. It depends on what you need...
Do you have a good gaming mouse/keyboard?
Obviously you have a monitor (LCD TV?) or do you want a regular one?

I know my PC build isn't 100% greatness, but I think it's fairly good considering my budget is $600-800 cheaper... Lots of potential. And this will be my first PC build as well.
 
Ya I have keyboard and mouse already. So I just need the tower. Also yes, I will be using my LCD TV for a monitor.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top