Cheapest computer ideas

Dmanbiker

Rookie
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
80
No, I am not in the market for a cheap computer; I am just curious as to what you can come with using new parts. I looked around newegg for some decent considerably low spectrum parts, and got the build on it's own to come out to around $250, but I bet you could go lower. With the monitor and Input devices excluded, I'm curious as to what the cheapest build possible could be. While still be reletively functional of course. :)
 
Last edited:
From tigerdirect.ca , the lowest i can do with all these pieces,

-cpu
-motherboard
-comp case
-graphic card
-PSU
-HDrive
-dvd reader

i turn around 350$ , and this computer would easly run cod 4 with 50 fps.
 
minus a case im sure you could come up with lower

mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138131

cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116069

ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148236

video card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129125

assuming you kept your old power supply, hd and case. if you need to fully upgrade without an os, you would have 76$ to spare. not the best, but it will get the job done if you play solely hl2 games
 
Last edited:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-GNET13001-Netbook-Processor-Escape/dp/B001AM7BHC/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1247252657&sr=8-15[/ame]

$200.

It's a bit rubbish though.. :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top