Need advice on a new motherboard.

2xMakina

Poster
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
243
Hey guys,

As you may well know, I took a lightning strike a few weeks ago that fried my motherboard.

Now I find that this type of MoBo has been discontinued.

So I figured, I'd go where folks who know, gather, to get some ideas as to its replacement.

I'm running twin Nvidia 8600 GT's in SLI configuration (both cards were unharmed) with an AMD AM2 socket dual core processor.

Yes, I know it's old compared to the current new hotness, but while my future budget has a gaming machine in it, I'd really like to get my OLD gaming machine back up and online so I can play again.

I'm looking to spend about 200 USD for a motherboard with an AM2 socket, will run with DDR2 800mhz memory (also unharmed), and is compatible with Nvidia SLI.

I don't know anything about the new SLI Hybrid -- will that even work with my cards?

Help me out, fellow gamers -- point me in the direction of something to pop in my case so I can get back on the servers!

Thanks in advance,

2x
 
Post in tech help, they will be able to give you the best advice.
 
Inexpensive is good. I like inexpensive. That's probably what I'm going to end up with.

Thanks guys!!

2x
 

Latest posts

Back
Top