Can't delete file

b0bfath3r

Thread Junky
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
845
Can't delete file [solved]

I decided to start ripping my dvds to avi for a trip I'll be going on soon. Looking for an easy program to use, I decided to use bitripper. This was a small mistake..
The program took 1 and a half hours to rip and encode and the output file was 41 gbs! And on top of that the file isn't even good quality. The picture is blue. :chair:
I tried deleting this file only to find that windows 7 wont let me stating that "You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file." After trying a few more times to delete, i opened the file back up only to find that the file wont open anymore saying I don't have permission to open. Next I tried to take ownership of it using the program "takecontrol." That failed stating that "I don't have permission to open this file."

Can anyone help me?

Notes:
yes. I am the admin.
running windows 7 rc x64
movie = ironman
 
Last edited:
you will most likely have to start up with the RC disk, go into repair mode, go into DOS, and manually delete the file.

-Blue
 
You're not alone with that problem. Win7 has stopped me from performing actions like extracting files for the same reason even though I'm the only administrator.
 
Well, I rebooted into safe mode to find that the file had decided to erase itself. So problem solved I guess.

thanks all.
 
you never tried restarting your computer did you?

/facepalm.

oh well good for you

-Blue
 
There are some files that will never delete even after you restart... for that I use Unlocker.
 
Back
Top