Building a Gaming PC

Strike xX

Famous
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
453
Well at the end of the month I will be purchasing the rest of my Rig I'm building (Except for the Case, DVD drive, and PSU since i already have them). I though I would share the specs of my build if anyone cares to intrest. I'll post photos of the Rig when it's done in the correct section of this forum.

Anyways.. Here are the specs..
Case: NZXT Apollo with 1 Extra 120MM Fan for front intake (I bought this already)
PSU: Corsair VX 550W (Bought this already)
Motherboard: ASUS Intel P45
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz
Memory: G.Skill 4GB
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 1GB
Drivers: WD Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM
Display: Hanns-G 19" Widescreen
 
A 550W is plenty for that setup. I've even run a Q6600 @ 3.2(400x8) and a 9800GX2 on a corsair 550. You can do that with high quality PSUs.

Although I highly recommend the Corsair HX750 and HX850 for their superb build quality and 80 PLUS GOLD efficiency ratings.
 
Last edited:
I'm definitly going to upgrade the PSU at a later date to something in between of a 750W - 1000W.
 
Back
Top