Whats your story behind DOD:S

For me,mines kinda funny,my parents promised me a game I can buy in a shopping mall during a 3-day promotion (The day I bought it was the last day XD) they had TONES of games,from DODS to CSS ,ect,ect XD I Thought DODS was a single-player game XD then figuring out it was multiplayer one,I then started playing...tho I nearly bough DoD lol
 
I just got it because i wanted to see if it was any good. Took 2 years before i could play it though, my old computer sucked.
 
About 2 and a half years ago I bought a CS:S pack cause i thought CS:S looked cool, tried it and didnt care for it. I almost didn't even try DOD:S but decided to atleast give it a shot and really liked it ( I was going to delete it ) . Been playing ever since.
 
My father has been in the game making business for 25+ years so ive always been the game tester for him. so when Counter Strike came out, i started playing that. I was 10, so i wasnt all that good and stopped playing it. when CS:S came out, i immediately loved it. i was really good, and i won first place in a Lan Tournament at age 15. i stopped playing after that for about 2 years and jumped on about a month ago for old time sake and got COMPLETELY owned. i got really frustrated, and i quit.... i still felt like playing a shooter, so i looked at the list of games i had on steam, and since my dad's best friend works at Valve, i got a Gold Key which unlockes all Valve games and i saw DOD:S. i've always enjoyed WWII type games, so i picked it up and immediately love it.
 
Last edited:
re:

I believe it was late '01 around the time of 1.3b ( original DoD ) I was confronted at work by two of my co workers about playing. I told them no, but they persisted. I downloaded it and have been playing it ever since.
 
i think it was 3 years ago when i saw my brother playing CSS, so i asked my little brother if i can play CSS (since my other brother is somewhere), after playing it i fell in love with it (Zombie mod ftw). a year and 3 days after my birthday later, i bought the CSS pack for $30, then couple months later i started playing DoD:S, i joined a random server and 20 seconds later, i quit, cuz i suck. :D

so..thats my story... XD

ive been thinking about going back playing DoD:S... >.>
 
I was brand new to steam, and my friend suggested i buy the multiplayer pack.
It came with Dods and hl2dm and hl2lc.

I joined eGO because of DODS, but i joined the CSS division.

Both games are alot of fun
 
My Story!

It was August of 2008 i had just downloaded steam a week before and had already bought CS:S. (It was my only Game) I only had $10 and i've never been very good at holding onto money. :blushing: So i looked for a game on steam that was $10 and from DoD:S i have always loved WW2 games they were the first first person shooters i had ever played.
Then i Joined the eGO Flash server Met Goomba who persuaded me to buy a mic. And then i met Monty and Faust and Hellhound and i fell in love with eGO and DoD! :w00t:
 
I bought the multiplayer pack which had CSS DODS Hl2D Hl2ls

of course i bought this game because i wanted CSS and i wanted a mod (Goldeneye Source)

and i was new to steam, i don't know why but i saw DoD:S in my list i was like "What's this game?" i installed it and i pretty much like any WWII games, then i later joined eGO from CSS, and i also play DODS.. and TF2... and INS :)
 
I want to play counter strike but instead the package offers CSS and DoD:S and of course two other half-life games
I joined the DoD:S because I had played the old DoD before. I loved it.
I joined KK house if you were here old enough you know what I meant by KK house.
From KK house -> IG -> division
 
I have a funny story.

I got it because I had a friend with a crappy computer who played the original DoD, and he said that I could play the original DoD if I got DoD:S. I didn't believe him, but I got it anyway.
 
After i bought HL2 i played a lot of CSs. When DODs came out i saw it a few times at target and walmart, finally i decided to buy it, since i was a fan of the original. I played the hell out of it for months and months. Once i got a job i stopped playing PC games for about 2 years. When L4D came out i had to buy that since i love anything having to do with zombies. When i got tired of that i decided to play DoDs again. Now im back at full force ready to shoot some people in the face with mah '42! Best purchase ever!
 
Played 1.3. When I heard Source was being made for DoD, I went out and bought a new computer so I could play it. I was a senoir in high school at the time. So I skipped school that day, so I'd be ready when the DL became available through Steam. Game sucked at the time, so I quit and started playing WoW. But recently came back to it, and love it, took a few years, updates and mods from what I remember, because I sure didnt like it at the time. Its golden now.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top