Invisible wall of fail

Rated_R

Active Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
388
Ok, I have a 4870X2. I am playing TF2 with High res skins for classes only, meaning nothing else other than class skins. On all maps, my fps will be 250+ but then I hit an invisible wall of fail and my fps drops to 40-15 Fps, but when I walk back behind the IWOF, my fps goes back to 250+. On gravel pit last night, when I was on Blu heading from spawn to A, right when I pass through the gate to A I went to 215, to 30, but when I went to the entrance to C my fps went back up to 215ish. and it was only at A where I was having problems, even without combat. When I turn AA OFF my frames actually go down.

So help out please.
 
I think most times it actually had to do with the map and how well it is optimized. Depending on how many Vizleafs there are in any given area, how many props, how much open space, etc. It might not be your computer.
 
Back
Top