Help with CoD4 Frame Rate Please

Beastie

Poster
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
133
My Call of Duty 4 FPS has fallen FAR down. I used to be able to average about 80-95 FPS on high settings, but now i only get about 45 FPS max. And i can only get 45 FPS if i say in my graphics settings that im using two video cards. Im not running SLI, so this is kind of weird to me. I've tried to re-install the game, ive set my graphics to a lower setting, and it doesnt seem to change. Some insight would be greatly appreciated. Thnx in advance :thumbup:
 
Why would you set your setting to sli, if you don't have two cards??

What have you installed lately that would interfere with the game? Have you checked your task menu to see what else might be running?

It also might be the network. Have you tried playing it in single player mode and seeing what frame rates you get then?
 
sounds like a bottleneck somewhere. Are you running a quad or dual core? Is there a virus scanner or firewall eating up bandwith?
 
Why would you set your setting to sli, if you don't have two cards??
It was weird acctually, when i reinstalled it a while back it automatically had it on the setting for dual video cards. When i took it off my FPS went from 45, to 5.

What have you installed lately that would interfere with the game? Have you checked your task menu to see what else might be running?
The only other things that i have installed on my computer are 1 MMO, and Call of Duty World at War. Those two programs were installed when i first started to play CoD4 again, and didnt do anything to my FPS.

It also might be the network. Have you tried playing it in single player mode and seeing what frame rates you get then?
Ill check out what my FPS is like in single player.

sounds like a bottleneck somewhere. Are you running a quad or dual core? Is there a virus scanner or firewall eating up bandwith?
Well if it helps my Anti-virus is Trend micro PC-cillin. But its never gotten in the way of my FPS either.


Thanks guys, its much appreciated. :thumbup:
 
Yes, i DLed the new drivers about a week ago. =/ im quite perplexed.


I just check single player and its averaging about 100FPS. Its weirding me out a bit.


Edit: Weirdest thing ever. Im getting about 95-100FPS in CoD4 multiplayer ...... only thing that i have done in the last 24hours is install CoD: WaW
 
Last edited:
After a fresh install of XP and all the latest drivers I still have a FPS of 30-50 when playing CoD4. When I look at a wall the FPS jumps to 125. I can't believe my FPS is so low! I have used all the console tweaks and am also looking for advice on what might be wrong.

P4 2.6GHz
2560 MB RAM
Nvidia 7300GT
cable modem
 
I think that one is on your graphics card Striker, unless it goes higher on a normal basis.
 
Yes it is your graphics card striker, I ad Nvidia 8800 GT, and it held in the mid 20s in CSS actions scenes. I overclocked it and got a 15% increase in bandwith and such and still only saw 33 fps max in action scenes (with moderate settings on CSS).

Now I just rebuilt the rig with all new stuff and see 299 FPS since i got my Radeon 4870 which isnt overclocked.
 
Huh. I thought my graphics card was a decent one. I'm not able to rebuild my PC at this time but is there a better graphics card that could be suggested?
 
I would suggest an 8600 GT and up. I get about 100FPS with pretty good settings.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top