How do you play?

Cicatriz

Thread Thumper
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
1,073
So I was having a conversation with Respawn and Tiddy, our set up came up and I was completely surprised how much they differ. So I want to see what other people's look like. I will start us off:

Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- It's on fast switch so I use the mouse wheel. Sometimes (especially when I'm spy) I will use the top numbers to switch.
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- F
Disguise Menu- 4
Disguise as team- Right side mouse button (Mouse 4)
Last disguise- V
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G

If there are any other buttons that you can think of list em (Script buttons can be listed)


What's yours?
 
Last edited:
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R or auto-reload
Weapon Select- 1 2 and 3. Alternatively, I have Q set to switch between primary and secondary, while SHIFT switches between melee and primary.
Quick Switch- See above
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- Vent is mouse 4, In Game is mouse 5
Disguise Menu- B
Disguise as team- default - key
Last disguise- F
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select-Mouse wheel Numbers
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- Ctrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- V
Disguise Menu-None use numbers (4 click)
Disguise as team- -
Last disguise-B
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- I played alot of WoW, so I can go from 1 2 3 fairly quick, but sometimes I get a bit ahead of myself and do it at the wrong time so to say.
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- V
Disguise Menu- 4
Disguise as team- ~(Never use it)
Last disguise- B
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G

Im pretty default.
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- It's on fast switch so I use the mouse wheel. Sometimes (especially when I'm spy) I will use the top numbers to switch.
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- V
Disguise Menu- B
Disguise as team- Right side mouse button (Mouse 3)
Last disguise- N
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- Numbers above keyboard
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Vent- Caps Lock
In-game voice- LShift
Disguise Menu- 4
Disguise as team- default
Last disguise- V
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G
 
Movement- IJKL
Primary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Secondary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Reload- y
Weapon Select- Mouse wheel.
Quick Switch- P
Medic- U
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- RCtrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- V
Disguise Menu- +
Disguise as team- (Have to choose it)
Last disguise- h
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G

Is this how any Left handed people play?
(Mine is all but 2 identical to Cicatriz)
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- Fast switch: Numbers
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- / for vent, v for ingame
Disguise Menu- 4
Disguise as team - "-"
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- 1, 2 ,3 ,4. Thought I always set up my primary weapon and the backup weapon on quick switch before I reach battle.
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- Left Shift
Vent and Ingame Talk- V (never use it no mic)
Disguise Menu- 4
Disguise as team- -
Last disguise- B
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- It's on fast switch so I use the mouse wheel.
Quick Switch- what?
Medic- Q
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- C
Vent and Ingame Talk- LCtrl and LAlt respectively
Disguise Menu- switch to the kit
Disguise as team-switch to the kit, - , then the number
Last disguise- B
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- F
you forgot the "Sux Hax" toggle, mine's the 10 key
 
move foward plus main fire I have bound to every button on the keyboard.

I play pyro mostly.
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- It's on fast switch so I use the mouse wheel.
Spy Disguises are normal Number pad
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Disguise Menu- 4
Disguise as team- 5 (I had the #5 bind as my change team color as spy)
Last disguise- V
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G
 
And you guys wonder why I'm awesome. Take notes. Noobs.

Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Thumb Mouse Button (Mouse 4)
Reload- F
Weapon Select- It's on fast switch so I use the mouse wheel.
Spy Disguises are normal Number pad
Quick Melee- Q
Medic- E
Quick Secondary: L Shift
Quick Primary: L Control
Jump- Mouse Button 2 (Right-Click)
Crouch- R
In-Game Chat- Spacebar
Vent Chat: L Alt
Disguise Menu- 4
Last disguise- Middle Mouse Button
Scoreboard- Tab
Spray - T
Voice Command : Thanks! - C
Taunt- G
 
Mines is pretty much the default

Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- Numbers above keyboard
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Vent- Caps Lock
In-game voice- LShift
Disguise Menu- 4
Disguise as team- default
Last disguise- V
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- Top Numbers mostly. Occasionally i'll mouse-scroll
Quick Switch- n/a
Medic- Q
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- E (game only, i don't vent)
Disguise Menu- 4
Disguise as team- n/m (i use the default - if i should need this)
Last disguise- Shift
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G
 
Yes I know, I'm awesome.

Movement- M1(forward) M2(Backward) Left-right arrows
Primary Fire- Enter
Secondary Fire- ? (french keyboard so button next to enter)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- Mouse wheel
Quick Switch- don't use it
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- Rctrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- v
Disguise Menu-
Disguise as team- -
Last disguise- ? (again french keyboard)
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- D

Woohoo, fear me!
 
Movement- WASD
Primary Fire- Left mouse button (Mouse 1)
Secondary Fire- Right mouse button (Mouse 2)
Reload- R
Weapon Select- 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- E
Jump- Spacebar
Crouch- LCtrl
Vent and Ingame Talk- LShift
Disguise Menu- 4
Last disguise- V
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G

@Masterpiece: That sounds terribly hard to play. :x
 
Movement- ESDF
Primary Fire- Mouse 1
Secondary Fire- Ctrl
Reload- R
Weapon Switch- Mouse Wheel
Quick Switch- Q
Medic- Z
Jump- Mouse 2
Crouch- Space Bar
Vent & Ingame Talk- A
Disguise Menu- Switch to kit
Disguise as Team- "-"
Last Disguise- Empty
Scoreboard- Tab
Taunt- G
 
I play with this set up since I'm a kid and it works really well for me :)

I will need to get used to WASD once I get my novint falcon though :P
 
E R T Y U ------ Medic Reload "Thanks" Say Team~Chat
A S D F G H --- Left Crouch Jump Right Taunt "Help"
Z X C V B ----- Voice menus 123 Backward "Battle Cry"
Space Bar ---- Forward

Mouse 1 --------------------- Fire
Mouse 2 --------------------- Alt Fire
Mouse Wheel--------------- Mic
Mouse Wheel Forward ------ Last weapon switch
Mouse Wheel Backward ---- Scroll weapons

It's a little different than most people but 95% of the time my:

left pinkie is on <left>
left ring is on <crouch>
left middle is on <jump>
left index is on <right>
left thumb is on <forward>

right index is on <fire>
right middle is on <mic>
right ring is on <alt fire> {uber}

and my hands are comfortable.

I set up all my first person shooters this way. The WASD setup is very uncomfortable for me.

I moved the mic button to the mouse wheel because when you want to tell the guy you're healing to kill the pyro behind him you don't want to be looking for a key on the keyboard.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top