- Joined
- Oct 26, 2008
- Messages
- 427
So today I found myself in dire need of an image editing program, and my photoshop disk is in another state at the moment, so I went and downloaded GIMP 2 (GNU Image Manipulation Program, to some) so I would have something to edit my pictures with.
It was shortly after I downloaded and installed this program that my computer got REALLY and suspiciously laggy on the desktop, start menu, and especially when opening a web browser. So much more laggy in fact, that I am now running a complete virus scan of my computer.
My question is simple then, I was wondering if anyone else who had ever downloaded GIMP ever had malware/spyware come along with it, or if anyone had ever heard of such events occurring. It's not the biggest problem in the world, but I don't have much patience for malware and viruses.
It was shortly after I downloaded and installed this program that my computer got REALLY and suspiciously laggy on the desktop, start menu, and especially when opening a web browser. So much more laggy in fact, that I am now running a complete virus scan of my computer.
My question is simple then, I was wondering if anyone else who had ever downloaded GIMP ever had malware/spyware come along with it, or if anyone had ever heard of such events occurring. It's not the biggest problem in the world, but I don't have much patience for malware and viruses.










